City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not the point is it?
The amount of times I've seen 4 carriages traveling along those tramlines empty through the week, yet match day a two carriage tram pops up with a thousand people at the stop, or just to piss you off they send through a not in service tram while your all waiting there with the driver laughing his bollocks off. Whoever's running that set-up wants fuckin.[/QUOTE]

That will be the mayor, Andy Burnham. Too busy with photo opportunities.

Impossible time scale, stand should last 50 years, would mena new stand being built every couple of years not practicable What is needed is good maintenance and upgrading look at the difference between the Etihad when it opened and now regardless of the South Stand which cost over £100M just to add a tier
I should have made myself clearer. I meant that every 7-10 years one of the stands would be replaced (or majorly refurbished). So they would last roughly 30 years.
Structurally they should last much longer, but fans and corporates’expectations are continually increasing so I don’t think its going to be realistic to expect a world class stadium to have 50 year old stands.

Like your thinking and lets say we develop the Family stand, where do you propose the additional seating to take it to 70K + would be situated?
it was all in the old expansion thread (the one that came after the las vegas thread) - pushing the sides up a few more rows to match the back row of the south stand third tier gets us to 72,850 and filling in the corners with a third tier gets the capacity up to 77,442
3rdTierEastStandB.jpg

Made a design alteration for you to get that capacity up to 76000 - and no it won't get in the way as the existing wiring under the south stand roof doesnt block the view

southstandscoreboard.jpg
you can move that massive tv for a start....i wont be able to see the other end!

Tbf, he probably means more modern facilities for clueless twats to stand around posing, taking selfies & talking shite plus maintaining a tourist attraction for all the areas normal fans can't get tickets for.

Khan will probably puta roof on Wembley and put Mardy Grass down for NFL purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.