Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Unfortunately 1 year sounds like Pep and will be another thing the British media will fail to understand as will some of our fan base.

He does 1 year because he does not want to be too comfortable, he is also a man of his word and treats contracts with the way they are intended and not a security blanket against being sacked.

If he wanted 5 years I’m sure the club would give it him, us fans would rejoice but Pep knows it does not get the best out of him.

There is a reason he is the best and this is one of them!!

If you need to compare this type of contract with another manager you could probably compare it with Martin O'Neill and his time at Celtic. O'Neill in the early 2000's signed a 12 month rolling contract with Celtic and the negativity surrounding it was huge. Lots of questions to be answeres as well. One of those questions was what happens when a big club came in for him? That didn't happen as in 2005 O'Neill quit the hoops and a year later joined Villa.

My point on that last paragraph is where does Pep go if we are talking of bigger clubs? He's already been to Bayern and the club he grew up at Barca. Where else can he go?

Real Madrid - Probably the joint biggest club in the world alongside Barca but with Pep's playing history that rules this one out.

PSG - Just cant see it. No disrespect to PSG or French football but if Pep has yurned the Premier League upside down this season what miracles would he perform in France? Would he get bored too quickly though and PSG might look less attractive afyer the summer if they lose Neymar.

Juventus - The only reason i could see Pep wanting to do Italy is to change the nature, concept of the game in this country. Italy has been renowned for its defensive league over the years from growing up and watching the likes of Pepe Signori for Lazio or Dino Baggio for Parma on a Sunday on C4. Could Pep be the Coach to change that? Yes for sure. Whether he would want to work in Italy is another scenario.

Spain - I would have said that this would be the biggest threat to Pep being at City for as long as we hope for, but as politics evolved between Spain and Catalonia i really cant see Pep wanting to take the job, surely that would go against his beliefs?

Catalonia? - What if the state becomes a country. Im pretty sure Pep would be honoired to be the first Catalan coach in history. Could this be done on a part time basis? Could he fulfill 2 roles at the same time?

Girona - This is where i see Pep after City. Part of the CFG, his brother is part of the club, massive influence on some of our younger players, a very new challenge in helping transform a club and break the top 3 of Spain and from his home in Catalonia. If i had to bet on a future club for Pep to coach, this would be it, and in realism that wont happen for a good few years.

We will have to get used to the media storm around his contract because as long as its a 1 year extension there will be questions on an almost weekly basis. Our best bet is to butter him up this summer whilst he's basking in the euphoria of winning the double, sell him this dynasty idea and get him tied down to a few years. We need as a club to be constantly challenging him with achievable goals in order for him to stay motivated.

There were question marks about Pep Guardiola winning in cold windy night at stoke. He did. There were question marks about him winning the league by a 15/17 points. He did. people said his style will be found out in premier league. But no they didn't. Pep has done everything against the odds. He has proved every doubters wrong. We fans along with true lovers of football are thrilled by his football. We were blessed to witness this football.
But now the big questions remain. Can he do year in and year out for at least another 10/15 years. He hasn't managed to do that ín his blistering managerial career.'We all want him to stay for another 10/15 years. The mighty champions league medals will come eventually. Let us all challenge him - Make a big legacy like fergussion and wenger did or make even bigger legacy than them. Then only he will be the best coach of all times.

I’d love him to build an empire but I think we’ll be exceptionally lucky to have him for 5 years let alone any longer.

He won't stay here that long. If you listen to his press conference when he was talking about John Stones he said, " When I am not in Manchester anymore I expect John to still be here."

I think he will stay maybe one or two more years to try and win another title and the champions league. The Wigan game must still rile him as we should have won a domestic treble this year really. Mind you the thought of losing in the final to the rags would have been unbearable so I am happy we are not playing them.

He wont be stopping for the long term I think which is a shame because he;s got it made. Freedom to do what he chooses with the team, financial backing, out of the press spotlight that Utd/Arsenal//barca/RM/etc managers get. Whats more he has got probably the potential of the greatest team he has ever made.

I think he'll be here for three more seasons. Let's just enjoy every minute.

I think that he will leave when he isn't stimulated by the project any more.
I could see him staying for another 3 or 4 seasons.
After that he will decide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.