Pub before Brighton game...

Coming up from Bristol for the game, and as an evening k.o. now, it will be difficult to get back due to train times, so will stay over in Manchester that night.
I will be in Princess St, and probably grab the tram from Piccadilly to get to the Etihad................any suggestions for good "Blues" Pubs to go in, before and after the game. ?

Bierkeller ;)

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions.
One more question.....if I want to hang around after the game for the "tram queue" to die down a bit, how long after the game can I get a beer in City Square?

One more question.....if I want to hang around after the game for the "tram queue" to die down a bit, how long after the game can I get a beer in City Square?

You won't need to queue for the tram if you stay to the final whistle, we all leave on 80 minutes ;-)

It’s a bit hit and miss when they close Summerbees but you’ll certainly have time for two or three before heading off with no queues for the tram.

It's quite possibly the worst pint in Manchester. I won't go in for this reason.

A number of us went in after the open day weekend thing City did in 2016 (Pep introduced etc) and my pint of San Mig was glorious. Out of a glass too.

The Grove in Clayton has been my haunt in recent times. Very busy but good service. It’s a Holts’ pub.

A number of us went in after the open day weekend thing City did in 2016 (Pep introduced etc) and my pint of San Mig was glorious. Out of a glass too.

The Grove in Clayton has been my haunt in recent times. Very busy but good service. It’s a Holts’ pub.
I mostly drive these days so rarely get chance to have a booze, but if I do, I go in corner shop or just around town. The thing is, I know Mary D well, she used to have the Museum in Moston which was my local..her beer was always spot on in there, don't know what happened to Mary D's.

Last edited:
As my first night game in many years, and not being able to get back to Bristol on the night..............the replies on this thread have given me plenty of drinking venues
for my stay.
The only thing now is, I am a bit worried that I will be so pi***d, I will not remember much of the game !!!!!!
Cheers guys.

As my first night game in many years, and not being able to get back to Bristol on the night..............the replies on this thread have given me plenty of drinking venues
for my stay.
The only thing now is, I am a bit worried that I will be so pi***d, I will not remember much of the game !!!!!!
Cheers guys.
Was the best way to watch us for two decades

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.