Steve Gerrard (new Rangers manager)

I can imagine that if ol' Slippy does take the Rangers' job, supporters of other Scottish sides will take the opportunity to give our version of the "Steve Gerrard" song a good airing.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard!
You Slipped On Your Fucking Arse!
You Gave It To Demba Ba!
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard!

A ridiculous appointment if it happens. Gerrard has zero knowledge of Scottish football and no managerial experience.

Lack of local knowledge isn't a major problem if you have shed loads of cash to spend. Rangers do not have money. They are close to being skint. Their chairman is a South African based con man who was described by a South African judge as a 'glib and shameless liar'.

Lack of experience may not be an issue either but not when expectations are so high.

As things stand Rangers are financially miles away from Celtic and are struggling to stay ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs.

The John Barnes analogy is appropriate here. A Liverpool legend, but a rookie manager, flopped very badly at Celtic. Barnes had the advantage of having Kenny Dalglish as Director of Football with some knowledge of Scottish Football and considerable managerial experience. Nor were Celtic financially strapped at the time. They simply were not prepared to match the silly expenditure from Rangers that ultimately led to their insolvency and liquidation.

It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Can’t believe he’s going to take this on & I can’t help but think his motive is knocking Rodgers off his perch. I always felt his problem as a player was his “decision making” & looks like it will continue.

You never know who will be a successful manager and who won't.

Many thought the loquacious Neville who apparently knows so much about football was going to bring back the good times for Valencia, but no. Back to the telly.

Gerrard is more taciturn. Perhaps he'll click better with the Gers and could be a success given time and some funds obviously.

Not enjoying the CL funds that Celtic regularly have, they've clearly fallen behind financially but the club's huge in Scotland.

Who knows. Rogers seems concerned enough as he keeps trying to defend the guy who's just been canned.

Maybe he sees Gerrard as more of a threat.

Who knows. Rogers seems concerned enough as he keeps trying to defend the guy who's just been canned.

Maybe he sees Gerrard as more of a threat.

Think Gerrard will have a point to prove, because Rodgers seemingly pushed him out at Liverpool

I think it was Sunday supplement that said Gerrard appointment is massive & will make people in South America want to watch Rangers.

Me & my lad fcking roared with laughter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.