Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
0-0 with all over it.
I want Huddersfield to stay up so I would take a high scoring draw (entertainment value before the trophy presentation) and then a demolition of both Brighton and Southampton.

That would give us 100 points and the goals record, and Hudders a slight cushion on Soton and Stoke.

With the title in the bag, all the talk now is of the exciting relegation fight. I haven't heard anything in the media to say that City can also have a massive impact at the bottom of the table. Go back two games and we had Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton and Southampton for the run-in. Nil points for any of them and a pounding on the goal difference to boot. I think we'll send one of them down as a consequence of playing us at the wrong time of the season.
Taken directly from one of ESPN’s monthly “round-up” articles... should explain why you are not hearing about us having an impact.

You really cannot make this up.

Who won the month? Liverpool

Early April had long been scheduled for Manchester City's Premier League coronation, the rubber-stamping of the start of their new mini-era. From the moment they were drawn against Liverpool in the Champions League quarterfinal, though, the potential for some of their roof to cave in was there. Within the space of six days, they had twice been picked off by Jurgen Klopp, with an incredible second-half collapse against Manchester United sandwiched in between.

City soon wrapped up the mathematics of the title -- restoring order with a commanding win at Tottenham -- but there is, somehow, a downside to winning the league early: football's shortening attention span tends to move on to something else.

That something else is Liverpool. Their something else is Mohamed Salah. He led the 19-minute, shock-and-awe demolition of City in the first half at a thunderous Anfield, before Klopp's widely doubted back line showed considerable backbone to deny Pep Guardiola an away goal. The second leg, for all of City's early bluster, was about keeping them at arm's length.

Then came Roma, and an expectation of another all-out assault. Five goals in the space of 33 minutes. Salah, the PFA Player of the Year, revelling in his zone, with an adrenaline-soaked supporting cast. City may be better, but Liverpool are the right here and right now.

I want Huddersfield to stay up so I would take a high scoring draw (entertainment value before the trophy presentation) and then a demolition of both Brighton and Southampton.

That would give us 100 points and the goals record, and Hudders a slight cushion on Soton and Stoke.

No way,give yourself a wobble. we play to win on the day we get the trophy

No way,give yourself a wobble. we play to win on the day we get the trophy
I’m a long game sort of person, Karen—would obviously not want this if the league was still there to be had. ;-)

Oh, and I want to see Leslie manage two teams to the drop in one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.