Local Elections

Voted for 3 local independents. Can’t be any worse than the usual suspects and it is about local issues.

Did exactly the same mate. I normally vote Tory, but local elections always give the government a view of what the public feel. I think we had to go through the austerity period but now we can afford to take the brakes off and provide funds to our urgent needs such as roads and NHS. If I'm being honest I wouldn't have May as leader as she looks as powerful as my granny, and I'd dramatically reduce the foreign aid budget until we got our own house in order

Starting to look slightly more positive for Labour. Not that the BBC will say a good word about that, though.

Number of councillors
After 90 of 150 council

Labour, 1198 councillors, +21
Conservative, 721 councillors, +9
Liberal Democrat, 313 councillors, +40
Green, 20 councillors, +7
UKIP, 2 councillors, -86

After earlier in the night where labour looked a bit short the last few reults have pulled it back to a respectable (If not spectacular) night for both major parties with UKIP the only real losers

On the hyped results pretty mixed bag, Cons gain in areas of noc taking ukip votes and retain wandsworth but trafford loss and plymoth will be a blow
Labour not taking swindon and wandsworth and losing derby will be a blow.

Overall this does nothing to predict how a GE would turn out, but both parties will spin it as mixed but positive, it just highlights that nothing has changed, major cities vote labour generally, the rest vote tory satus quo intact.

observations,
Voeter ID was a mess
BBC showing they have no objectivity again and will always be a mouthpiece for the government of the day (Con or Labour).
Sadiq Khan is an opportunist bellend who should have stayed in wandsworth and took the defeat on the chin.
Manchester now has no council in another partys control all labour or noc.
Mr Bury is pissed

Last edited:
Did you take a days holiday? ;)

No why would i have done

Anyway reading about it this morning looks like it bodes very well for a Tory victory in the next general election to me. Time still yet for Corbyn to make more errors as well. Good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm - reports of people being turned away in the boroughs trialling the new id standards for voters - taking your polling card no longer enough. As its mostly labour wards and councils up for grabs you have to hand it to the govt they are pulling out all the stops to try and win....

Give it a rest ffs mate its ridiculous at times on here right now with some of this left wing, anti Tory stuff and thats from a Labour supporter.

Now they are stopping you from voting? Give over!

Just read someonthing on social media - someone putting

“I dare anyone to admit you voted Tory? You are so selfish and literally killing people.”

I have responded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.