Local Elections

DcW163mXkAAwadY.jpg

That was the joke.

Not only a shit joke, but a shithouse move by a desperate local party

Last edited:
What a heap of rubbish. The BBC is very much left of centre.

Is it bollocks, the bbc has shipped in many center right people into top jobs the last few years.

Anyway it has always leaned towards the government in power and shifts left and right to suit

Based on last nights results, if that was a GE Labour would now have a majority and looking to bung someone to form a government. I know you'd never believe that watching the BBC or reading the papers. But Labour did alright.

Btw the results in Worthing are astonishing. No seat is safe for this Tory gov.

Labour always do better in local elections because they're more trusted on local issues than the Tories, such as the NHS, public investment, and housing.

On national and international issues like foreign policy, immigration and defence, they are less popular than the Tories.

Extrapolating from local elections to the general election is far from an exact science but while I don't think it's a disaster for Labour, I reckon the Tories will be the happier party.

Is it bollocks, the bbc has shipped in many center right people into top jobs the last few years.

Anyway it has always leaned towards the government in power and shifts left and right to suit

The BBC is pro establishment regardless of who is in power. But without a doubt the Tories have put the fear of god in them over the licence fee, they've veered to the right considerably these last few years.

All their major political commentators are right wingers....

This guy is Robbie Gibb, he headed the BBC's political team at Westminster.....

robbie-gibb-0.jpg

He's now Theresa May's Director of Communications.

In 1995 before his electoral landslide, Blair's Labour Party gained 1,800 seats.

In 2018, supporters of the far left branch of Labour are claiming that 60 seat gain is actually a major victory and evidence of incoming electoral success.

The Tories are political zombies, we've got Brexit and Windrush and Austerity and a litany of other fuck ups ready to to shine up nicely and shove right up the Tory arsehole, and May has the charisma of somebody who sells window nets for a living.

Added to that, local elections are a breeding ground of resentment towards whoever is in Government and they often take a battering.

But I swear, we'll win it next time.

At least Trafford has switched Labour. But the Labour leaders in Trafford are about as impressed with the state of the party as I am and often use a "we're not that type of Labour" qualifiers, so that's a good result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.