Other teams

The Salfordian

Anybody follow any other sides , I also go watching Salford fc don't believe the rubbish there's no blues in Salford ...

In the early 80s I had a season ticket at both Maine Road and Edgeley Park.
The home fixtures never seemed to clash, and my first visits to Springfield Park (1-2, Gigg Lane,(1-0), and Bramall Lane, (0-4), were all viewed from the Stockport enclosure.
From 82, I started attending virtually every City away game, and gradually lost touch with Stockport, albeit being at the Dell when they beat Southampton in the League Cup in the mid 90s.
Then came that dreadful defeat in 97:
I was so annoyed by their reaction that I hated County for the next 15 years. and only attended games at Edgeley Park in the away end. I even invaded the pitch, (accompanied by a Palace-supporting mate), when "Duggie" Freeman saved the visitors from relegation with virtually the last kick of the game around 2001.
Now, it's turned full circle, and I've attended 3 Stockport games this season.including the Chorley defeat last Wednesday.
They're no longer a threat, which makes the whole relationship a lot easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.