Local Elections

People can laugh all they want. The tories are the party for the working man.
I don't think they are. Labour are by no means perfect but they're the lesser of two evils for me. I'm not having a dig here but I'm genuinely curious how anyone could see the Tories as the party of the working man/ class?

can't do the bloody link but on the BBC Daily Politics page there's a clip of Prof John Curtice explaining that based on last nights result the breakdown nationally for a GE result would be

Labour - 283 seats = + 21
Con - 280 seats = - 38
LD - 22 seats = + 10
Others - 65 seats = + 7

Oddly not made it on the left wing biased main BBC News

Still think its bollox as Brexit - the deal and the outcome is the huge elephant in the room before the next GE

can't do the bloody link but on the BBC Daily Politics page there's a clip of Prof John Curtice explaining that based on last nights result the breakdown nationally for a GE result would be

Con - 280 seats = - 38
LD - 22 seats = + 10
Others - 65 seats = + 7

Still think its bollox as Brexit - the deal and the outcome is the huge elephant in the room before the next GE

Labour now have 150 seats more than all the other parties combined. It wasn't a great night for any of the party's but it was a decent night of consolidation for Labour. The collapse of UKIP stopped it being a disaster for the Tories.

What's your point?

Politics is a changing animal the mood and social attitude in 95 or 97 is not today,you cannot compare.

The country has regressed to partisan thinking pointless comparing 20yrs ago to today

The point wasn't to compare Blair to Corbyn. That's become a ridiculous comparison now.

The point was to show the vast differences in seats gained. Labour then hit that number and went on to win. Labour are not going to win now based on electoral results.

The country isn't backing them. They've not backed them properly during this whole Corbyn run. They don't like his politics. 60 seats is NOT a positive indicator no matter how the Momentumites are trying to spin this.

What? With the Doctoring of Corbyn’s Hat to make it look Russian, and the planting of Tory party stooges in the question time audience ( multiple times), not to mention Laura Kuenssberg, and her obvious loathing of Labour, oh, and Nick Robinson a one time member of the Tory party....

Dirty blood I see.

These people were Tories so their ability to be unbiased is removed. And they're being catalogued into lists.

I don't think they are. Labour are by no means perfect but they're the lesser of two evils for me. I'm not having a dig here but I'm genuinely curious how anyone could see the Tories as the party of the working man/ class?

Because the ordinary man who works will end up paying the tax to support the labour spending.

Labour now have 150 seats more than all the other parties combined. It wasn't a great night for any of the party's but it was a decent night of consolidation for Labour. The collapse of UKIP stopped it being a disaster for the Tories.

50% of Labour's gains came from UKIP. Lab won 60 new seats and 30 of then were UKIP. Tories won 47 from UKIP.

17 seats in a local election is nothing.

Con - 280 seats = - 38
LD - 22 seats = + 10
Others - 65 seats = + 7

And there are no Brexit upsides for May.

The Tories and Blairites are spinning this because they have to.

It was a good night for Labour.

Last edited:
If it were a general election Jeremy Corbyn would be at the Palace being asked to form a government.

Let's hope for decency that is the case come the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.