Infinity War thread with SPOILERS

2co6kk1.jpg

I'm not massively into all the Marvel stuff but this was brilliant. Can't remember the last superhero film I watched where there was actual jeopardy and tension, they spoilt it a bit with the turning back of time, but I thought everything before that was phenomenal.

Just out of watching it, was brilliant and good that they kept the style of the diffferent charactors segments.

Though it could easily be classed as a gaurdian of the galaxy film as much as avengers.

Thoughts though.

It was very much like the infinity gauntlet comic story rather than infinity wars and that was reset by adam warlock, now we know he is coming into it from GotG 2, but I think capt marvel will take that role in avengers 4 instead, also as spiderman 2 is in the works and GotG3 amd black panther won't be killed off so we know that something is going to happen to bring back some charactors.

In the comics vision is powered by a solar gem not an infinity stone so can he return in theory?, also loved the hulk being sentinent and a seperate entity not just brought on by rage, an aligning it like in the comics where they can switch as needed

9.5/10

Last edited:
Yeah it was good.

Moved along well enough, had an interesting story behind it, etc.

Its around a 6 or 7/10 for me. Perfectly fine film. I'm sure if I was a big Marvel fan to the scope that I am Star Wars then I'd give this a 10.

This is the Citizen Kane of multi superhero comic book movies. But if you're not really that bothered by the Marvelverse it is still a good film and worth a watch.

I didn't like the ending because it's too big to stay true, especially with the Infinity Gauntlet knocking around. But if you were a kid who didn't think about things like that then it would be awesome.

Well, this film for me, is the sole reason why one appreciates reading the comic lore beforehand! Although the odd bits and pieces change, it all feels familiar.

So, talking about reading the original comics I must say, this is getting closer and closer to what a kids imagination of bringing 'Thanos' and his world to life, looks like (He's just a tad nicer looking than I wanted!). And, of 'Thanos', whilst I always thought of him having a voice that shakes the bones, I warmed to Brolin's voice and it changed my original outlook of the character. I actually 'understood' him, which was a shock to me!

I'm, also, especially liking the new depiction of 'Thor' and 'Stormbreaker'.

The only thing I'm secretly hoping for is 'Beta Ray Bill' entering the fray... :)

Could well do. There's already a sculpture of Beta Ray Bill on the Grandmaster's Tower in Thor Ragnarok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.