Antoine Griezmann

I’d say he’s a marquee signing that Chelsea or United are more likely to make to appease their fans.

Now that I really think about it, Griezmann is who Chelsea should have signed instead of Morata. Think he and Hazard would be great together. Not sure they'll use that big of a portion of their transfer kitty on a striker this summer though.

Yes please.

The last striker we signed from Atletico didn't turn out too badly...

I just love his link-up play and intelligence.

He also seems to fit our profile brief of seemingly coming across as a nice guy?

He was certainly loyal when he decided to stay another year and say no to United.

2c1557fb81bb4841beaa8a55bf9c6929.jpg

Nice guy he may be, but something like this is bound to make us look elsewhere IMO...

I think when people refer to "world class finishing" they don't mean number of goals/scored per minute - they're thinking of getting 1 chance in a big match and putting it away. Atletico only have 11 shots per game compared to our 18 per game, so obviously he's gonna score fewer per minute.

I don't think there's a perfect stat for what you're trying to argue because it's so subjective.

Griezmann does seem to be clinical though - he's got 15 goals from 40 shots inside the penalty area this season (38% of his shots go in)

Compared to -

M Salah - 24%
L Messi - 23%
Aguero - 23%
H Kane - 17%
G Jesus - 22%
Sterling - 17%

That's a pretty big margin over the competition. When he gets a shot in the box, he converts much better than pretty much everyone else.

Never looked in the same league as Aguero to me.

Blacking up for halloween is worse than just a bad PR move. He could easily have worn the jersey and wig and not used blackface and it would have worked perfectly fine. I remember the reaction to those pictures and a lot of black people did have an issue with it. At best, it shows a lack of intelligence.

Still don’t understand what is wrong with this. Nothing racist about it and I don’t think many
Black people were upset with it

At the very least, it's distasteful. Griezmann's response of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended" was also more than a tad disingenuous considering he deleted his initial responses which consisted of comments like "lol" to anyone who was offended.

Seems like a knob, to be perfectly honest.

I can't see anything objectionable in what he wore or in laughing off those offended.

Daft ethics these days.

I can't see anything objectionable in what he wore
I don't think it's attire, I think it's the use of blackface.

or in laughing off those offended.

It's a bit sad that you think people deserve to be laughed at just because you don't care but I guess that "everyone just wants to be offended" schtick is still thriving on here. There's a historical and social context as to why many would find this offensive and that's been around for a long time, so it's not really accurate to suggest any objections are entirely a modern thing.

That's not even the point, the point is that he knew what he was doing had pissed people off, laughed at them and then pretended he had no idea it was offensive at all and that he was deeply sorry for those he upset.

That's a pretty weak move and I think I'd have more respect for him if he stuck with his convictions rather than pretending to act innocent. It just reminds me David Beckham's manufactured image (Griezmann's idol btw) and I don't think I could ever really appreciate someone that puerile and vacuous at my club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.