Crewe Alex academy

Big Swifty

Did anyone else notice that Crewe Alex started last Saturday's game v Walsall with a full side of youngsters coming from their academy? And they won 2-0!
I've always liked Crewe, they have always tried to play football, have produced some pretty good top-level players and appear to be a well-run club. Surely this is how a smallish club should try to do it -prudent management based on decent but not large attendances and not making extravagant purchases.
Anyone remember August 2000 when they came to Maine Rd and outplyed City? (Somehow we won 5-2, Wanchope and the Goat getting two each, but they were the better side.)

never­ thought I would see the day this famous football club­ would struggle to beat a club like Crewe Alexander no­ disrespect to them on the balance of things they­ probably deserve to win the game

Bumping an old thread.

They started today with another team containing entirely academy players.

Superb work.

never thought I would see the day this famous football club would struggle to beat a club like Crewe Alexander no disrespect to them on the balance of things they probably deserve to win the game
Yep, and also remember Colin Little the blue, bagging for Crewe, shame he is now a coach at the scum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.