The calm before the storm

Going to be a bittersweet day for me today.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer in the middle of August and passed away just before Christmas, and the season has been intertwined with everything that went on. I missed the Liverpool game, the derby away and watched Spurs in the Christie. I missed extra time and pens v Wolves to get home to care for her.
I’ve screamed with joy and with anger, and told another blue to fuck off (sorry about that!) and cried buckets during the New Years minutes silence.
Watching the blues has given me relief and some happiness this season. It’s been an escape.
Al would be so happy for me today. She’d put up with a lot of my sulky face after too many shit performances, let downs and defeats. She’d also be glad it’s a bank holiday as she’d know I’d be home late pissed.
She always said enjoy the game when I left the house and I always said I hope to, and I still do.
I can’t wait for it today. Couple of pints beforehand, few afterwards and in between watching the mighty fucking blues get a big shiny pot after (hopefully!) breaking some records.

Sorry, it all got a little bit scouse there for a min.
Feel for you mate, I've spent many hours/days at Christie over the last few years with my wife.

They do a fantastic job and if clear on her next scan will be deemed safe.

You lady will be looking down and smiling at your emotions today. Enjoy fella.

Blimey I'm getting emotional typing this.

Last edited:

My wife was diagnosed with cancer in the middle of August and passed away just before Christmas, and the season has been intertwined with everything that went on. I missed the Liverpool game, the derby away and watched Spurs in the Christie. I missed extra time and pens v Wolves to get home to care for her.
I’ve screamed with joy and with anger, and told another blue to fuck off (sorry about that!) and cried buckets during the New Years minutes silence.
Watching the blues has given me relief and some happiness this season. It’s been an escape.
Al would be so happy for me today. She’d put up with a lot of my sulky face after too many shit performances, let downs and defeats. She’d also be glad it’s a bank holiday as she’d know I’d be home late pissed.
She always said enjoy the game when I left the house and I always said I hope to, and I still do.
I can’t wait for it today. Couple of pints beforehand, few afterwards and in between watching the mighty fucking blues get a big shiny pot after (hopefully!) breaking some records.

Enjoy the day mate and so sorry for your loss.

Your lass will be looking down on you today so dont get too pissed ;-)

Puts everything into perspective.
Have a wonderful, if emotional, day mate.

You have more strength than i fear i would sir, you have my genuine good will and best wishes for all you do in life. Stay strong mate and enjoy the day.

Hope you had a great day blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.