The brass band

It was good at City Square before the match but should have been left there.

Filling the gap in time while waiting for the presentation should have been the fans singing and waving the flags, and reeling off all our songs for players past and present, and Boys in Blue played over the sound system etc.

It was a middle class marketing goon’s idea of what a trophy presentation ceremony should be. Way too long waiting for the players to come out, way too many extraneous people involved, way too many irrelevant songs (one step beyond is a chelsea anthem ffs), way too much cheese.

One podium one squad one coaching staff one trophy and let the fans make their own fun which we are perfectly capable of doing without following the identikit how to celebrate a trophy manual devised by failed media wannabees.

Fucking hell you're a miserable twat, lighten up we're CHAMPIONS! Enjoy it!

How did you cope when we had the likes of Jamie Pollock and lost to bloody Stockport!?

Moan, moan, moan. You should have heard the herbert behind me slagging KDB all game.

Fucking hell you're a miserable twat, lighten up we're CHAMPIONS! Enjoy it!

How did you cope when we had the likes of Jamie Pollock and lost to bloody Stockport!?
Lol course I enjoyed the day man it’s just I didn’t enjoy the cheesefest but no amount of cheese can stop me loving that moment when the trophy goes up in the air.

Thought the whole thing was a bit shit tbh. Fuck the band off, fuck the huge beach balls off, let the players parade around the pitch with the trophy rather than have them too busy kicking about 1000 footballs into the crowd and turn the fucking music down or preferably off so the fans can actually make some noise. They interfere more with each presentation and it gets worse each time.

Yep. Never understood this "lets make sure the fans who were always brilliant at creating atmosphere make some atmosphere, we'll show them how to do it, get some beach balls bouncing around. Oh and at the same time drown out any attempt they may make at creating proper atmosphere with some proper weird music"

Someone gets paid to make these decisions. All it would have taken is “we are the champions”- Queen and maybe a couple of oasis numbers and then let the fans do the rest. No need for inflatable balls in the crowd, no need for mad brass band. Less is more.

Amen brother

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.