Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

Your fans didn't turn up in the 90's and your club would have died if it wasnt' for Fergus McCann.

We did turn up.
Even if we did die we would have come back as a new club. Unlike Rangers who died but came back as the same club and now spout the shite they were demoted. Not true, they had to apply for membership and join the league at the bottom as every new club has to. Oh and minus £130m debt.

Our debt was £6m. Wouldn’t keep Sterling in shin guards.

In the last 10 years they have invested so much in order to move this team forward
Your watching the best premier league team ever
I really don’t see the issue
Because they are putting prices up every year .just because they can .and not because they need to

Do some not understand that many were priced out years ago and constant increases won’t help them in the slightest? On top of this is getting there, the social aspects etc.

The shop analogy is also ridiculous because we’re not going to start supporting someone else.

Do some not understand that many were priced out years ago and constant increases won’t help them in the slightest? On top of this is getting there, the social aspects etc.

The shop analogy is also ridiculous because we’re not going to start supporting someone else.

Nonsense. You have a choice as to whether you decide to walk into a specific shop.

If you don't wish to pay an increased price, don't renew.

The issue is not the increase but the level of increase and the level of increase is not unreasonable in this instance.

Last edited:
Level of increase isn't commensurate with the increased level of performance. If it was, cheapest season ticket book would be well over £1000. We have £299 season tickets to make it affordable for as many as possible, just over £15 a game, now that is an absolute bargain. I do agree that we should perhaps have 3 or 4 games a season, not Cup, where we cap ticket prices to get kids, teenagers and young adults in for a good price, split them over a season and jobs a good un.

Here’s an idea. Why not form a new club called say F.C. City of Manchester? They could start at the bottom of the pyramid and within fifteen years they could be at Northern Premier League Level. This will teach the rapacious bastards in charge of City for putting up season ticket prices in line with inflation.

I am detecting more than a hint of the Colin Schindler/David Conn syndrome amid all the whining.

Nonsense. You have a choice as to whether you decide to walk into a specific shop.

If you don't wish to pay an increased price, don't renew.

The issue is not the increase but the level of increase and the level of increase is not unreasonable in this instance.

Poor reply that hasn’t addressed points.

League Two or Conference football will be more affordable but, as fans of our club, we don’t generally choose to watch someone else. The shop comparison was used a few times and didn’t help.

Lots of similar clubs have frozen prices. Ours are high enough as it is and those unable to afford it are not benefiting from subsequent and unnecessary increases.

This “I’m alright Jack” mentality is utterly against the spirit of our fanbase yet a sad indictment of the price of success. No pun intended.

Poor reply that hasn’t addressed points.

League Two or Conference football will be more affordable but, as fans of our club, we don’t generally choose to watch someone else. The shop comparison was used a few times and didn’t help.

Lots of similar clubs have frozen prices. Ours are high enough as it is and those unable to afford it are not benefiting from subsequent and unnecessary increases.

This “I’m alright Jack” mentality is utterly against the spirit of our fanbase yet a sad indictment of the price of success. No pun intended.

No poorer than your blinkered reply, which is taken from a stance of pure, yet understandable, self interest.

You seem to feel that because you have some past connection as a "customer", having paid a previously lower price for an inferior product, the club has a duty to ignore simple economics and buy your future loyalty by giving you an improved product for a lesser price. This is naive of you.

Whilst it may be prudent of them to do so the club has the luxury of not being in the position of the "similar clubs" who presumably have made a business decision to freeze prices for reasons beknown to themselves.

The "I'm alright Jack" mentality is not so. I, like others on here, am simply stating the obvious. Prices go up, it's inflation, it's life. You have the option to pay or not to pay and it is your prerogative to decline to pay.

This is all much ado about not very much, if the increase was unfair I would agree with your stance but it isn't and I don't.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.