Brighton(H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought they’d try and get game time for Stones in view of the WC. Watched Brighton turn over that lot the other night and was quite impressed by their wingers and their ability to carry the ball quickly. Whether they turn up to this one with their flip-flops and towels will have a large impact on the game; for what it’s worth, I think they’ll come and play, so I hope Toure doesn’t get too isolated. Starting Foden is a good shout, as it would probably lift the place as well, especially if he drives with the ball at their defenders.
I would actually quite like from Stones to start, as I thought he was our best defender yesterday, but I just think he’ll be held back as a precaution after continually feeling his calf and signalling the bench before coming off. It’s ironic, as just after the match and trophy presentation I picked up a calf injury playing as a stand-in CB for my mate’s Sunday league team (he also picked up calf injury the week before). Perhaps we tall, lanky fellows are prone to them? ;-)

Completely agree with the assessment of Brighton’s threat from the wings—I think including both Yaya and Ilkay as “holding” midfielders, with Danilo and Mendy making more aggressive forward runs, will help pin their wingers back.

I would love for Foden and Diaz to get minutes in this game, as a signal to the supporters and academy players of what can be expected next season.

Ederson
Danilo
Otamendi
Laporte
Mendy
Toure
De Bruyne
Gundogan
Sané
B Silva
Jesus

As someone who thinks Stonesy should be our first choice centre back for years to come was disappointed yesterday. Played the simple balls and did not bring it out from the back as prior to his injury. Next season we will see a different player. High hopes for Stonesy.

Ederson
Walker Otamendi Laporte Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Gundogan
Bernado Sterling Sane
Yaya and Foden to come in at some point.

Ederson
Danilo. Otamendi. Laporte. Mendy
Yaya. Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Sterling. Jesus. Bernardo

Love to see Foden come on (maybe for Yaya).....it’s not easy picking this team but 3 points is the priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.