The brass band

Very anti-climatic day yesterday. I felt embarrassed by how poor the atmosphere was all day.

It was a frustrating game, against in my opinion the worst and most anti-football team in the division. But even the atmosphere during the celebrations and ceremony, you could hear a pin drop.

The brass band was a joke to be honest, but to be fair to them they did eventually get going and try with all the tunes of the players chants. Of which about 1% of the crowd in attendance bothered singing along to, including me and the lad who sits next to me.

I just said at the time, Pep is looking into the stands and there is no passion. This is a man who could walk into any managerial job in football, he must be thinking jeez if this was Barcelona it'd be a deafening carnival atmosphere. We are playing amazing football and the best times in the club's history should be now, but something needs to be done about the atmosphere. We are becoming very plastic, I left the ground and people were happy but barely any chanting. Is this the price of success or something else ?

Were you at Etihad yesterday?

I ask because the atmosphere in CBL3 was nothing like you describe. We were clapping and cheering every player as they went up to receive their medal.

Were you at Etihad yesterday?

I ask because the atmosphere in CBL3 was nothing like you describe. We were clapping and cheering every player as they went up to receive their medal.

I was sat in the same part of the ground, found it very muted to be honest

Please tell me the idiots won’t be going on the pitch tomorrow. Found the one v Swansea embarrassing but yesterday seemed to kill the atmosphere if anything. Spent about 15 mins waiting for them to get off. Looking forward to saying goodbye to a legend in Yaya Toure on weds, just hope we don’t have another idiotic pitch invasion otherwise when he comes back out it will be half empty.

Very anti-climatic day yesterday. I felt embarrassed by how poor the atmosphere was all day.

It was a frustrating game, against in my opinion the worst and most anti-football team in the division. But even the atmosphere during the celebrations and ceremony, you could hear a pin drop.

The brass band was a joke to be honest, but to be fair to them they did eventually get going and try with all the tunes of the players chants. Of which about 1% of the crowd in attendance bothered singing along to, including me and the lad who sits next to me.

I just said at the time, Pep is looking into the stands and there is no passion. This is a man who could walk into any managerial job in football, he must be thinking jeez if this was Barcelona it'd be a deafening carnival atmosphere. We are playing amazing football and the best times in the club's history should be now, but something needs to be done about the atmosphere. We are becoming very plastic, I left the ground and people were happy but barely any chanting. Is this the price of success or something else ?
The season has petered out hasn't it. We've been fucking awesome this year, blowing teams off the pitch. However, I think the Rag game and the CL v Liverpool have put a damper on it. Maybe it also didn't help that we won it with weeks to spare - we're not used to that either. Players and fans weren't up for it yesterday.

Oh, and that fucking abomination of an opposition yesterday didn't help either - but it's our job to beat shite like that.

Didn't have a problem with the band; didn't pay them much mind but they seemed to do what they were supposed to competently. Clearly the fact City didn't arrange an Oasis reunion for that section of the post match events is a bit shit though.

What did annoy me was all the selfish, stupid twats that ran on the pitch- how fucking second division! Once already this season was more than enough but to do it yesterday was just embarrassing.

I do think City should have made better security arrangements to prevent people getting on the pitch. It's not easy but surely they could do more than hire such an ineffectual bunch of stewards. Can't they hire the police and police horses and give out life bans to anyone that catch and identify?

Also, quite why it was necessary to drug test a City player on this particular occasion does make one despair for a bit of common sense. Unless there are regulations that require a player to be tested from each team every game, they should have chosen another time.

Totally agree about the pitch invasion. If we’d not already done it vs Swansea then it would have been fine, but instead it just came over as tiresome and idiotic. A great pity that the bottle Ederson threw at the twat who started it, didn’t connect with his head.
I would have preferred no band at all, and thought they were on way too long, but then again I dislike all pre and post match ‘entertainment’ as a matter of course!

She's an ex City player who had to quit through illness and is now a coach with one of the club's community teams.
Some areas of the ground have dreadful PA systems, so thanks for clearing that up, I had no idea who she was.

Edit: Then again, I didn't know she was there until I saw MOTD as everything was over in the far corner for us. The downside to being in East Stand lower, I guess.

thought it was cringey to be honest. even the music after game wasnt right imo. all they had to do was play the boys in blue, some oasis songs, and we are the champions. the rest of it should have just been fans singing to our players. its not hard. the people in charge of music and entertainment at city have no idea who our fans are or what a football crowd is like.

A number of things stifled the atmosphere yesterday. One was the heat, I felt drained just standing there so no idea how the players felt on the pitch. The game felt like a sideshow too, everyone just waiting for it to be over to get on with the celebrations. Then there was the ridiculous length of time it took to sort out the alarm system that kept on going off with no explanation for ages. Then the opposition were like the worst guests to a party possible. I know they are fighting to survive and don't expect them to roll over but why do they crave premier league survival so much if they are just going to fetch that to the table? Anti football isn't the word for that dross, aided and abetted by the dreadful Dean.

The after match celebrations to be honest personally I feel like a gatecrasher at a private party I haven't been invited to. There is a blaring tannoy system I can't understand a word of what is being said and everything appears confused and disorganized. I am sure that would crush the people who organise such events but it is true. The players are rightly enjoying the moment with one another in the centre of the pitch while the music blares out but again I feel like an outsider looking on. There needs to be a full first team squad lap of honour with the trophy and the team getting close to the perimeter and photographers, hangers on and tv crews kept at a distance. No music so the fans can chant, shout and interact with the players. Once that is done play the music and let the players and staff go barmy on the pitch to their hearts content.

This sounds like a major moan but it isn't just my opinion why such events always appear a bit disembodied and at times flat. I had a great day and night celebrating a fantastic season and all the cheese and confusing events will never detract from that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.