Stan Bowles

Might be going down to this match, my mate lives a few doors away from Stan and chats to him and has few pints with him, hopefully we'll be going

QPR are arranging a testimonial for the great Stan Bowles, as some of you may know, poor Stan is suffering form Alzheimers and his daughter is looking after him but struggling to cope financially. Tickets for the game, which will be played against Bournemouth on July 29th are £12 for adults and £6 for kids, 3pm kick off.

Stan's daughter says he comes alive when City and QPR are playing and wont watch any other teams, I hope some of you older sods on here like me will make the trip to support Stan and hopefully enable his daughter to provide him with the care he deserves.

Once a Blue Always a Blue...!

It was great to see Stan and the rest of the boys from the '68 side there yesterday.

From viewing Mrs Vienna's photos of them, it looked like Frannie and Nijinsky were standing next to each other.

Can anyone confirm this?

It was great to see Stan and the rest of the boys from the '68 side there yesterday.

From viewing Mrs Vienna's photos of them, it looked like Frannie and Nijinsky were standing next to each other.

Can anyone confirm this?
Pity they spelled Neil Young's name wrong on screen. It's four letters for Pete's sake.

Have a forever memory of Stan Bowles running out onto the pitch whilst doing "keepy-uppys" which, to this day, is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Think those were the days of QPR with Tony Currie (sp?) and Phil Parkes so maybe 76, 77, 78 ish.

Did Stan have a punch up with Brian Kidd in a Manchester derby ?
Rioja and bitter made my memories cloudy over the years

Did Stan have a punch up with Brian Kidd in a Manchester derby ?
Rioja and bitter made my memories cloudy over the years
I have a vague recollection of that in a Maine Rd derby but my memory is as dodgy as yours!

It was great to see Stan taking part in the celebrations and also Alan Oakes who IIRC was missing from the 2012 celebration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.