The brass band

Totally agree about the pitch invasion. If we’d not already done it vs Swansea then it would have been fine, but instead it just came over as tiresome and idiotic. A great pity that the bottle Ederson threw at the twat who started it, didn’t connect with his head.
I would have preferred no band at all, and thought they were on way too long, but then again I dislike all pre and post match ‘entertainment’ as a matter of course!

I'm not into pre, post or half-time entertainment but I'm sure the club feel obliged to try to provide such things.

The trophy presentations really need to start much sooner after the final whistle but that does mean the disrespectful fools that invade the pitch actually staying off the hallowed turf.

I'd also suggest that if we defend our title then next year they don't trot out and introduce all the backroom staff before the presentation. By all means have them acknowledged as a group and let them have their moment with the trophy after the team has done their but speed things up. Rather then the roll call they did for them, maybe run some kind of credits video while the podium is being set-up.

I'm not into pre, post or half-time entertainment but I'm sure the club feel obliged to try to provide such things.

The trophy presentations really need to start much sooner after the final whistle but that does mean the disrespectful fools that invade the pitch actually staying off the hallowed turf.
The real issue with the presentations taking so long, is that the manager(s) have to do their post match press conferences, and they are not just for Sky, but the worldwide media, that's why it takes 30 minutes, the first 10-15 are with the players in the dressing room, discussing the good and the bad, then the post match press conferences to various media.

Plus the fact players had to be drug tested! Warmed down and changed into the champions shirts believe me it will never be cut down!

The after match celebrations to be honest personally I feel like a gatecrasher at a private party I haven't been invited to. There is a blaring tannoy system I can't understand a word of what is being said and everything appears confused and disorganized. I am sure that would crush the people who organise such events but it is true. The players are rightly enjoying the moment with one another in the centre of the pitch while the music blares out but again I feel like an outsider looking on. There needs to be a full first team squad lap of honour with the trophy and the team getting close to the perimeter and photographers, hangers on and tv crews kept at a distance. No music so the fans can chant, shout and interact with the players. Once that is done play the music and let the players and staff go barmy on the pitch to their hearts content.

Just a quick comment about this part of your post...agree 100%!

Seems like everything has suddenly become full-on American Football Experience, but the stadiums aren’t made for it and the punters don’t want it!

I was down in the lower rows of 107 for the first time (I think it is where they put Johnny Foreigners, because very little English being spoken around us!) due to bringing my wife for a family event this same weekend. We were in full sun the whole time and loved the colour and pageantry of the flags and banners in the sun.

However, from there, we felt like bystanders at someone else’s party...until the team came around, paraded the trophy and kicked out the footballs for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, these celebrations seem more about creating a TV spectacle for the millions of SUBSCRIBERS, as opposed to those present.

All that said, top day out and another one to add to the memory bank of being a long suffering Blue for the last 54 years. Savoring this era of international coaches, international talent, and now watching Pep integrate the Academy into a world class set up that should propel this club to the top and keep it there for a generation or more. Nothing lasts forever, as Liverpool and United fans have learned the hard way, as they spout obout history because they have nothing more recent to discuss, so we should all savour these years!

Just a quick comment about this part of your post...agree 100%!

Seems like everything has suddenly become full-on American Football Experience, but the stadiums aren’t made for it and the punters don’t want it!

I was down in the lower rows of 107 for the first time (I think it is where they put Johnny Foreigners, because very little English being spoken around us!) due to bringing my wife for a family event this same weekend. We were in full sun the whole time and loved the colour and pageantry of the flags and banners in the sun.

However, from there, we felt like bystanders at someone else’s party...until the team came around, paraded the trophy and kicked out the footballs for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, these celebrations seem more about creating a TV spectacle for the millions of SUBSCRIBERS, as opposed to those present.

All that said, top day out and another one to add to the memory bank of being a long suffering Blue for the last 54 years. Savoring this era of international coaches, international talent, and now watching Pep integrate the Academy into a world class set up that should propel this club to the top and keep it there for a generation or more. Nothing lasts forever, as Liverpool and United fans have learned the hard way, as they spout obout history because they have nothing more recent to discuss, so we should all savour these years!

I guess it is subjective and some fan's love it. I enjoy the trophy lifting and the fireworks and streamers but after that it falls a bit flat. As I said though I will take it all day long as it means we have won another title.

I thought the band did an okay job passing the time. But there seems to obviously be a divide in a opinion on the band and the delay.

My biggest gripe is the inconsiderate ****s who decided we need a pitch Invasion for no other reason but to take family photos. I use the word inconsiderate because they had no thought for all the other fans that wanted to see the players lift the trophy then fuck off to town on the piss but we all got delayed 15 mins further absolute fucking ****s. And that twat that cam running on at the end should have been thrown back in the south stand and been given a right fucking kicking. We all criticised Wigan for there pitch Invasion in the FA Cup okay a lot of that was due to treatment of our players but is that what we have become as bad as fucking Wigan fans.

The real issue with the presentations taking so long, is that the manager(s) have to do their post match press conferences, and they are not just for Sky, but the worldwide media, that's why it takes 30 minutes, the first 10-15 are with the players in the dressing room, discussing the good and the bad, then the post match press conferences to various media.

Did Pep do his press conference before the presentation? He didn't have his medal on and IIRC he and the coaching staff looked pretty unruffled, no sign of champagne dousings etc.

I know the media have deadlines and such but on day's like Sunday, the trophy lift should take preference; it would if it was a cup final...

The worst thing about Sunday, was that the selfish Fuckers closed all the kiosks at full time so everybody who were baking and had their tongues hanging out, couldn't get a drink. OK, if there's a problem with alcohol license times etc then fair do, but to not give people the chance of getting a cold soft drink was a huge own goal.. it was getting on for 90 degrees FFS! That for me was the biggest bollock we dropped on Sunday..apart from the draw of course :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.