Huddersfield(H) Post Match Thread

Anyone know why pep left foden on the bench denying him a premier league medal?
Foden has 2 more games till end of the season.
Talking of Foden I do think Pep missed a chance yesterday - imho. - We needed someone to unlock their defence and I think that could have been Foden.
When he came on against Swansea he was very good , close control , showed no fear, waltzing round defenders. He could have drawn a foul or two in and around their box.
As I am not Pep - I suppose seniority in Gundog had something to do with it.

Talking of Foden I do think Pep missed a chance yesterday - imho. - We needed someone to unlock their defence and I think that could have been Foden.
When he came on against Swansea he was very good , close control , showed no fear, waltzing round defenders. He could have drawn a foul or two in and around their box.

We needed someone yesterday who would go straight down the middle taking on the first man in the first line of five, beating them and then falling foul of a tackle for which even Mike Dean would be obliged to whistle. We then have a choice of Garrinchas with whom to batter the ball into either top corner, and bringing the 'kicking for touch' team to their knees. I think I need a direct line to Pep from CBL3!

Shouldn’t have come down to this though. Foden and Diaz should have got their medals yesterday and that was not right. Phil looked really hacked off and rightly so. Thank goodness Merlin handed the trophy to them both and made them feel involved. They should have got their medal yesterday and we had ample opportunity to give them the appearances and the medals they deserve. A bit off that one when we should be encouraging our young players.
Hacked off? Why?
Does he deserve a medal? Not really, will he get one ? YES

Hacked off? Why?
Does he deserve a medal? Not really, will he get one ? YES

He's considered to be a very grounded kid. I certainly dont think he was hacked off. If he was slighlty subdued its more likely that he's humble enough to know that his contribution to the title win has been relatively modest and that other players deserved to enjoy the limelight.

If we had to lose points, I'm glad it was against Huddersfield. I grew a soft spot for them after their cup display against us, & it's always nice to see Northern clubs populating the Prem.

We could have carried on playing for a week & we wouldn't have scored. The whole team looked below par which Guardiola warned about.

I suppose the weather, the title celebrations & Huddersfield's desperation to remain in the PL all played their part. Hopefully we can now get back on track over the last 2 games.

Seeing as half the team were ducking tackles playing 20/80 non defence splitting passes & didn't fancy running about too much, Pep has wasted a huge opportunity to use a couple of kids, irrespective of the efect on the game. It would be difficult to have less attacking invention & inspiration than that shown by the senior players, so absolutely nothing to lose.

Seeing as half the team were ducking tackles playing 20/80 non defence splitting passes & didn't fancy running about too much, Pep has wasted a huge opportunity to use a couple of kids, irrespective of the efect on the game. It would be difficult to have less attacking invention & inspiration than that shown by the senior players, so absolutely nothing to lose.
Agree fully should have both started, Pep said post match it's been a hard week with so much going on so a lathagic performance was probably on the cards at least the kids would have been fully up for it.

We needed someone yesterday who would go straight down the middle taking on the first man in the first line of five, beating them and then falling foul of a tackle for which even Mike Dean would be obliged to whistle. We then have a choice of Garrinchas with whom to batter the ball into either top corner, and bringing the 'kicking for touch' team to their knees. I think I need a direct line to Pep from CBL3!
Wow ! - Garrincha - takes me back - what a wonderful dribbler he was.
My thoughts , on Sunday was - Derek Kevan - either foot - bang - 30yd goals -
no tippy tappy with him.
I wonder if a few on here have any recollection of Murray and Kevan ?. Dynamic duo . way back when.

Completely agree. The records do not mean much to the players in my opinion. They are all thinking about the world cup now and conserving energy/avoiding tackles to make sure they are not injured.

Let's build for next season instead by seeing how the team performs with squad players. Southampton away will be a great test for the likes of Foden, Diaz and Nmecha. A team fighting to stay up against players already looking ahead will be easy.

Throw the youngsters in and let them develop and learn. I would give them the Brighton game too. It isn't throwing the games it is giving us extra passion and energy that we will otherwise lack. Pep will have noticed the levels and effort had dropped so I am sure he will change it. Players like Delph, Mendy, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo and Gundogan probably need game time to prove themselves worthy of making squads/starting in the WC. Supplement with Foden, Diaz and Nmecha and fill the gaps.

Could test 3 at the back again too.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Danilo rwb
Mendy lwb
Gundogan cm
Foden am
Bernardo am
Diaz fw
Nmecha fw

Can start Jesus De Bruyne and Silva but should look at that. Pep will give Yaya a last home game too probably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.