Noel Gallagher

Never warmed to this guy - he flew the flag of the working man when Oasis were upcoming and now he mixes with the same people who wouldn't have looked at him twice.
I'm not a massive fan, but I think you're being unfair on him here. Of course his social circle has changed. Most people's does as their life evolves. I know mine has over the years, even though my core group of friends he remained fairly consistent over the last 10-20 years.

Do you expect him to still drink in The Mauldeth?

I liked his early music in Oasis but that is far as it goes for me.
I have nothing against him tbh, fairly indifferent about him as a person, no ill will yet no love either tbh can take or leave him.
What does annoy me though (& to be fair this is the media perpetuating it not him personally) is how he is banded about as a representation of the City fanbase & represents our opinions & outlook some how.
He doesn't, for a start he is richer than anyone who posts on here yet he does not have a seasoncard or pay to go matches, I know he lives in London but he could afford to do it & travel up. If it was me or most blues on here & we had his £ we would do everything to go City games.
Most of us do now & speaking for myself financially it is a struggle.
Yet I do it because I love City & football.
Noel doesn't he is just a famous day tripper in my eyes who goes the big games when he can be arsed.
He is not a devoted fan so I do not appreciate him representing me in anyway tbh when it comes to City.
Rant over :)

I liked his early music in Oasis but that is far as it goes for me.
I have nothing against him tbh, fairly indifferent about him as a person, no ill will yet no love either tbh can take or leave him.
What does annoy me though (& to be fair this is the media perpetuating it not him personally) is how he is banded about as a representation of the City fanbase & represents our opinions & outlook some how.
He doesn't, for a start he is richer than anyone who posts on here yet he does not have a seasoncard or pay to go matches, I know he lives in London but he could afford to do it & travel up. If it was me or most blues on here & we had his £ we would do everything to go City games.
Most of us do now & speaking for myself financially it is a struggle.
Yet I do it because I love City & football.
Noel doesn't he is just a famous day tripper in my eyes who goes the big games when he can be arsed.
He is not a devoted fan so I do not appreciate him representing me in anyway tbh when it comes to City.
Rant over :)
Noel to Promoter: Yeah, I want a six month Tour of Europe followed by Asia and the States but there are some strings attached.
Promoter: What strings?
Noel: I need to see gods own team wherever and whenever they play
Promoter: OK, should be possible - give me the dates.
Noel: Can't
Promoter: why not?
Noel: not released for next season yet
Promoter: ok, when will they be available?
Noel: maybe June but can't guarantee a date
Promoter: Ok, but there must be set days that they play on
Noel: yeah, Friday evening, anytime Saturday, Sunday, Monday, could be Tuesday and Wednesday, can't miss Champions league.
Promoter: ok this is a real pisser but leave it with me and I will work round the dates you give me in June.
Noel: no can't do that. They change
Promoter: what the fuck do you mean they change?
Noel: well Sky and BT change some of them for the TV coverage
Promoter: how much notice?
Noel: well at least a couple of weeks.
Promoter: Fuck your tour
Noel: OK just organise it in the 6 weeks or so close season. Wouldn't want to upset porkchopsaplenty!

Noel to Promoter: Yeah, I want a six month Tour of Europe followed by Asia and the States but there are some strings attached.
Promoter: What strings?
Noel: I need to see gods own team wherever and whenever they play
Promoter: OK, should be possible - give me the dates.
Noel: Can't
Promoter: why not?
Noel: not released for next season yet
Promoter: ok, when will they be available?
Noel: maybe June but can't guarantee a date
Promoter: Ok, but there must be set days that they play on
Noel: yeah, Friday evening, anytime Saturday, Sunday, Monday, could be Tuesday and Wednesday, can't miss Champions league.
Promoter: ok this is a real pisser but leave it with me and I will work round the dates you give me in June.
Noel: no can't do that. They change
Promoter: what the fuck do you mean they change?
Noel: well Sky and BT change some of them for the TV coverage
Promoter: how much notice?
Noel: well at least a couple of weeks.
Promoter: Fuck your tour
Noel: OK just organise it in the 6 weeks or so close season. Wouldn't want to upset porkchopsaplenty!

No ones saying he has to go every game but he hardly goes any & to boot despite his riches he gets tickets for free.
He has the means to fly up in a helicopter or private jet if he was doing a gig say In Dublin or Paris or Madrid for example.
We all struggle with Family & work commitments to make games but we do it because we care enough & its important to us.
He doesn't so clearly he is not that bothered otherwise he would. Not a crime its up to him no sweat of my sack but the media portray him as a true blue etc when he clearly is not, he does not speak for me tbh.
Even when he lived up here he hardly went games so lets not pretend otherwise

I'm not a massive fan, but I think you're being unfair on him here. Of course his social circle has changed. Most people's does as their life evolves. I know mine has over the years, even though my core group of friends he remained fairly consistent over the last 10-20 years.

Peter Kay got it spot on in the Manchester arena opening when he introduced him.....

Here he is , its Mr Manchester himself....

all the way from London ...

Noel Gallagher....

For someone who played the working man anti establishment card on numerous occasions it just feels a bit odd.

I think the one thing I could never forgive him for is choosing to ignore City when we were shite. He could have helped out and didn't want to know but now we are good he's back.

For someone who played the working man anti establishment card on numerous occasions it just feels a bit odd.

I think the one thing I could never forgive him for is choosing to ignore City when we were shite. He could have helped out and didn't want to know but now we are good he's back.
How did he ignore City when we shite? The quickest way he could have lost whatever fortune he amassed in the 90s would have been to plough it into City and no financial adviser worth their salt would have told him to do that. You couldn't really miss the fact that they were blues if you followed Oasis in the 90s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.