New Kits 2018/19

Fwiw, the club aren't happy with Nike at all. They actually told us we'd have unique shirts when we signed up. All this stuff about us being a priority... which turned out to be bollocks. Then they've delivered all the kits late with no time for changes, conveniently. They're ridiculously hard to work with apparently. I suspect Puma will really want to impress so it should be much better. Fuck Nike man.

It's nice to know the club dislike them too.

Well if the club wasn't happy then they should have done what other clubs have and bought out of the contract

I always thought there was nowt wrong with this!
113_manchester_city.jpg

Well if the club wasn't happy then they should have done what other clubs have and bought out of the contract

Oh aye, how many bought out of their contract? That would be a monumentally stupid business decision to be fair when they'd lose all of their negotiating strength with their next kit partner wouldn't they? There's 'these kits are a bit shit, but we get a lot of money so we'll wait it out 3 seasons and maybe not burn any bridges with one of the most powerful companies in the world' unhappy and there's the unhappy you're suggesting, which is probably not where they were. Cos that'd be incredibly rash.

Shirt and shorts look nice enough. Shame about the socks though. Navy ones always look to me a bit like we've lost our normal ones and had to borrow some! I know some love them but I have never taken to them. Not a big deal though and it would be impossible to please all of us.

Fwiw, the club aren't happy with Nike at all. They actually told us we'd have unique shirts when we signed up. All this stuff about us being a priority... which turned out to be bollocks. Then they've delivered all the kits late with no time for changes, conveniently. They're ridiculously hard to work with apparently. I suspect Puma will really want to impress so it should be much better. Fuck Nike man.

It's nice to know the club dislike them too.

Unique shirts and adequate time to change designs upon delivery sounds like the kind of thing anyone sensible would write into a shirt design and supply contract, leaving the club free to walk away upon them breaching that contract.

Unique shirts and adequate time to change designs upon delivery sounds like the kind of thing anyone sensible would write into a shirt design and supply contract, leaving the club free to walk away upon them breaching that contract.
Not when we were negotiating the current Nike contract, at that time we were in no position to have demands like that from a company as big as Nike. Probably in a stronger position now.

Not when we were negotiating the current Nike contract, at that time we were in no position to have demands like that from a company as big as Nike. Probably in a stronger position now.

So then the club didn't expect unique designs like twosips said...

Its pretty simple stuff, if someone promises you something important, it goes in the contract.

Otherwise it's not important.

Oh aye, how many bought out of their contract? That would be a monumentally stupid business decision to be fair when they'd lose all of their negotiating strength with their next kit partner wouldn't they? There's 'these kits are a bit shit, but we get a lot of money so we'll wait it out 3 seasons and maybe not burn any bridges with one of the most powerful companies in the world' unhappy and there's the unhappy you're suggesting, which is probably not where they were. Cos that'd be incredibly rash.

We aren't getting a lot from Nike, we should be getting at least 300% of the current value per annum going off what they're paying Spurs. Buying ourselves out should have been a valid option for the last few seasons. However, if we retain the title next season we'll be in a very strong negotiating position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.