New Kits 2018/19

Fwiw, the club aren't happy with Nike at all. They actually told us we'd have unique shirts when we signed up. All this stuff about us being a priority... which turned out to be bollocks. Then they've delivered all the kits late with no time for changes, conveniently. They're ridiculously hard to work with apparently. I suspect Puma will really want to impress so it should be much better. Fuck Nike man.

It's nice to know the club dislike them too.

Thanks for sharing. Have you seen the new Arsenal kit?? It’s one of the worst I’ve seen and is made by Puma.

The only good thing about Puma is their training gear is usually nice and much cheaper than Nike.

Really hope the Puma deal is not set in stone. Would prefer Adidas. Don’t know how much it matters that they sponsor the rags? I hear it mentioned but don’t see why it would be a big issue, I’m sure there are more examples of rivals having the same sponsor.

So then the club didn't expect unique designs like twosips said...

Its pretty simple stuff, if someone promises you something important, it goes in the contract.

Otherwise it's not important.
Not necersarrily. At the Nike could easilly have refused to give us anything other than a standard contract but given assurances we would get unique designs. The fact they went back on their word would explain why the club are unhappy. Its easy to forget how powerful nike are but at that time the only consideration for us with ffp was the biggest amount of money that was available we had to take, there wasnt a choice.

Not necersarrily. At the Nike could easilly have refused to give us anything other than a standard contract but given assurances we would get unique designs.

You seem to not be understanding. If you're promised something, and it matters, you put it in the contract.

If you don't get it in the contract, your legal department has either been negligent and fucked you over, or you don't actually care because empty promises are just that, and if someone promises you something but won't agree to it in writing, they aren't promising it at all.

It's a £60m deal, not your phone contract, the idea they couldn't put a promise of unique designs in writing is absurd.

The new Chelsea kit is a good one, if we had a similar design with white and maroon lines I think people would've preferred that. Anyone able to do a mock up?

Got a feeling it will look decent on the players. The sleeves aren't quite as dark as on the ones last season going off this pic.

IMG_1211.jpg

You seem to not be understanding. If you're promised something, and it matters, you put it in the contract.

If you don't get it in the contract, your legal department has either been negligent and fucked you over, or you don't actually care because empty promises are just that, and if someone promises you something but won't agree to it in writing, they aren't promising it at all.

It's a £60m deal, not your phone contract, the idea they couldn't put a promise of unique designs in writing is absurd.
Obviously not absurd unless you think our contracts are agreed by idiots. You arent getting we were desperate for the maximum money we could get we were trying, but failing, to scrape through ffp. If Nike said you can have it in the contract but we will pay a few million less we would have taken the few million and taken the standard contract.
Its absurd to think at that time we were in a position to dictate to Nike.

saw a strange kit that I thought was a fake on the weekend, looking at these pics it seems it was legit. Sleeves looked silver in the light because of the pattern, looked so cheap it was a fake.

Got a feeling it will look decent on the players. The sleeves aren't quite as dark as on the ones last season going off this pic.

IMG_1211.jpg
Not sure our players will be happy having to wear infant kits, but if it saves some money for a world class attacking player, I suppose I can get behind it.

(The shirt still looks awful, by the way.)

So then the club didn't expect unique designs like twosips said...

Its pretty simple stuff, if someone promises you something important, it goes in the contract.

Otherwise it's not important.

Fair enough for not believing me, but it isn't necessarily as simple as that. The 'importance' could be open for discussion. It might have been important to some, and maybe not to the top top brass like Soriano. There are loads of potential factors. How many things piss us off almost daily that we ignore? We get a builder in, spend 10 grand on them, and bite our tongue 75% of the way through when it looks shit, hoping it'll be alright..poor example, but you know what I mean. People tend to grin and bear stuff even if they're not happy.

Maybe it was one of those hard sell things from Nike and some of it was agreed in good faith. Or maybe the 'uniqueness' was open to interpretation, god knows what...or maybe they just lied. Even if it was a breach of contract, if it was in there, how many clubs actually risk pissing off someone like Nike given all their connections? Football is incestuous as fuck. Everyone scratching each other's backs, everyone looking out for themselves. Nike are *the* biggest sports brand in the world. Three times bigger than Adidas for example. Without a doubt more powerful than City. City could have decided to politely grin and bear it at a time when we didn't have THAT much of a pull compared to Barca etc, instead of forcing the issue (maybe it'll be better next year! etc) and decided to eventually just see the contract out given being in bed with Nike still has huuuuuuge positives, shit kits or not. Walking out of contract would hugely change negotiations for your next contract with someone else too. God knows what. so many factors.

anyway, was just passing on what I was told from someone who worked very close to that department. Given other things I've heard, it makes a lot of sense. It could be bullshit, but ive no reason to think that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.