Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I don't think it's so much club politics but the intensity with which he goes about his job. Whilst we're reaping the rewards now, it can't continue. He will burn out and because he has before he'll recognise the signals earlier. Can't see him ever signing more than 1 year extensions.

I don't think it's so much club politics but the intensity with which he goes about his job. Whilst we're reaping the rewards now, it can't continue. He will burn out and because he has before he'll recognise the signals earlier. Can't see him ever signing more than 1 year extensions.

In 'Pep Guardiola: The Evolution' Marti Perarnau addresses this point about burnout. At Barca he did burn out, it was full on, almost 24/7 for 4 years. Some of the stories about his preparation for games make you wonder if his wife is a saint to put up with his obsessive behaviour. He identified this was a problem and took steps to rectify it. If I remember correctly part of the solution was to have a bigger coaching staff so that instead of Pep having to deal individually with each player all the time the work could be delegated to his trusted lieutenants (always under Pep's close guidance though).

So the reason he left Bayern was less to do with burnout and more to do with not having the total control that he has at the Etihad.

I hear (from posts on this site) that his family has settled well and he is happy in Manchester, which makes me optimistic that we will get 5 years out of him. There no other project in world football that will give him this platform. Fingers crossed.

does he drive a white range rover? i swear i saw him on the M74 by Lockerbie yesterday...

Verified account 1h1 hour ago
Pep on his future: "I want to finish good and then we can talk about what we have to do next season in terms of the people that are going to stay or going to buy. I am not finishing in two weeks or one month. In football one more year is long. We are going to talk with the club."

DctIxqCWkAUwnXj.jpg

7 replies19 retweets228 likes

Sounds a bit cagey from Pep. Reminiscent of his answers at Bayern. . .

Verified account 1h1 hour ago
Pep on his future: "I want to finish good and then we can talk about what we have to do next season in terms of the people that are going to stay or going to buy. I am not finishing in two weeks or one month. In football one more year is long. We are going to talk with the club."

DctIxqCWkAUwnXj.jpg

7 replies19 retweets228 likes

Sounds a bit cagey from Pep. Reminiscent of his answers at Bayern. . .
Is it f**k cagey, its just a reply.

He loves Manchester, he's looking at bringing in more youth to the club, he's even involved in opening a new restaurant in the city centre, and his family are happy here.

I agree he will extend on a season by season basis by the sounds of it, as much as most of us wont like wondering when he might move on each season, that might be for the best for all involved to keep everyone on their toes.

Slightly concerned about this arrangement none the less remembering his first season with us. Some fans can be right spoilt arses and ruin it for everyone with their mind numbing levels of negativity and dire lack of optimism, I just hope he doesn't come across those sorts too often.

Last edited:
Is it f**k cagey, its just a reply.

He loves Manchester, he's looking at bringing in more youth to the club, he's even involved in opening a new restaurant in the city centre, and his family are happy here.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're spot on!

I've heard his kids have really settled in Manchester. St Bede's is a cracking school.

Plus, depending on how you read it, it sounds like he's hinting at the year by year extension basis!

Poor from me. Even by my flapping standards!

Nothing has changed really, he may go longer than 4 total seasons but no one should expect more than 5. He will move on to other ambitions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.