Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see the pundit who is commentating on the game dictates whether it's a likely foul or not and whether the media pick up on it and more surprisingly whether even our own fans believe it was a foul.

It was the same with ederson being fouled by Arnautovic last week.. He barged Ederson off the ball, came on here and people were talking the same as the pundit, "should have been stronger"

Don't believe the pundits and commentators at all, we know they are bias, unfortunately they set the narrative
There are far too many people who don't have their own minds. I find it very sad.

Couldn’t give a shit now, even if it was a foul, it was barely a foul and Stones should have been stronger and done better but before that we fucked up giving it away so it was all our own fault anyway, not the officials’. The ref didn’t tell our players to forget what had gone on all season and revert to Manchester City FC c.1998, that was all our own doing.

The following day Howard Webb wrote that by not going down Raheem made the referee’s job difficult and that it would have been helpful if he had gone down.

And people wonder why players go down easily

I sit in East 104 and I, along with all around me, had the perfect view of that
The ref's assistant was in the perfect position to see it and very obviously did

It was a bit strange because no one, including myself, shouted for a penalty. I think we all couldn't quite believe what we'd just seen and we were in disbelief that the ref's assistant didn't flag

My view is that it is 75% foul & 25% not, just to use numbers.

However had it been at the other end then I believe it would have been given as a foul 100%. And a yellow card for our player.

It was a foul on Stones all day long and anyone who say it wasn't either doesn't understand the laws of the game, has never played football at a decent level, is blind, is a rag or a combination of all five. Firminio tried it on and he got away with it.

Must say that seeing it again it’s a foul, more in the back than shoulder to shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.