Southampton (A) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the players that were given the night off last night likely to play, that means
Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph, KDB, Sterling will all start and almost certainly Jesus too, that just leaves 3 spots between Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, Foden, Mendy I guess, with Diaz on the bench and maybe Muric instead of Bravo.
I don't know why, but I got the impression last night was Zinchenko's last game too?

Full strength for Sunday and let's get the century of points! Cant believe I'm typing this. Wow, what a season!

With the players that were given the night off last night likely to play, that means
Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph, KDB, Sterling will all start and almost certainly Jesus too, that just leaves 3 spots between Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, Foden, Mendy I guess, with Diaz on the bench and maybe Muric instead of Bravo.
I don't know why, but I got the impression last night was Zinchenko's last game too?

Is Stones fit? I expect Zinchenho will be loaned out again next season, or sold if we get a decent offer and he wants to move If Mendy & Delph stay fit there will be limited opportunities for him.

---------------------Ederson
Danilo------Kompany-----Laporte------Mendy
-------------------Fernandinho
----------KDB-----------------Bernardo
Sterling-------------Diaz-------------------Sane

That's what i'd like to see.

Get Foden involved at some point as well. Could start instead of Bernardo but we should ensure we finish with 100 points first.

Agree with Diaz thought he looked dangerous when he came on last night......has Jésus lost his way a bit?

It’ll be nice to see Mendy start from the off.
Southampton could also see how fast he is without the crutches lol
I’ll go for a comfortable 2-0 win and 100pts.

Is Stones fit? I expect Zinchenho will be loaned out again next season, or sold if we get a decent offer and he wants to move If Mendy & Delph stay fit there will be limited opportunities for him.

I think so, played 70 mins against Huddersfield and don't think it was an injury substitution, just an attacking one to try and win the game?

The players that were rested last night are probably going to play. So that means :
Ederson,
Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph,
KDB, Fernandinho , Bernardo ,
Sterling , Jesus , and Sane.
Bench: Juliet , Mendy , Laporte ,Danilo , Gundog , Foden , Diaz ,
I don't suppose Kompany will play on Sunday after playing last night. I also thought that Danilo had a very good game and could replace Walker , who has not been at his very best - the last few games. I think Jesus will start but even he has "not been pulling up trees" , so maybe Pep will play the false 9 card. with Gundog playing and Bernardo roaming as a false 9.
Hughes will play it tight - not wanting to lose their last home game.
Come on City - The Centurions banner awaits.

ederson
walker
kompany
laporte
mendy
dinho
de bruyne
bernardo
sterling
sane
jesus

get the 100 points please boys!!

I think so, played 70 mins against Huddersfield and don't think it was an injury substitution, just an attacking one to try and win the game?

When he came off I assumed it was because they didnt want him to play 90 mins after being out for a while. But I thought I'd read that he was waving to the bench before he came off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.