Etihad atmosphere

It helped that the presentation was held so quickly after the game ended.

The presentation was spoiled for me because I could only hear about 50% of the speeches. My hearing isnt brilliant, I increasingly have to turn up the sound on the telly, but I'm a long way off needing a hearing aid. But City's PA system is so poor that I was just clapping with everyone else without having clue what we were specifically applauding.

Agree. The PA system coupled with how hard it is to understand the Toure boys anyway meant I have no clue what either of them said last night

and those that went pathetic and those that went on the pitch last night - simply stupid

I find night games a nightmare to get home from but I stayed for the presentation. If you can't stay an extra 20 minutes or so to honour such a player it is a pretty poor show. I saw people running out on the 80 minute mark but thankfully plenty did stay. No excuses about catching trains either because they were on strike lol.

The small amount of pitch invaders deserve a slap. They had two occasions to do so and if they didn't take the opportunity then tough shit. No idea why they had to run on last night.

I watched the presentation live on twitter after the game and they didnt many shots of the ground and they looked total confused during the speeches and songs. Obviously they were coming across clearly on the feed but not in the stadium and to top it off the "pay him some more" song was being sung by 2 sets of fans at different times at the end and you could see Yaya noticed haha.

Standard match atmosphere last night with plenty of Yaya renditions threw in. Stayed to the end as always and presentation and lap of honour. Wouldn't have missed Yaya's send off for anything. On a downside fans going on the pitch just look like complete wankers now I'm afraid, I'll be glad to never see one again to be honest. People leaving early ffs come on guys this was a legend we were saying gooddbye to, same goes for those who couldn' t be arsed turning up at all. Metrolink absolutely pathetic again, needs sorting this shambles now complete joke. Think that covers everything. Champions!

I've concluded now the better we get as a team, the worse our support.

Not in terms of vocal, that's an issue at every club.

Simply the apathy and indifference, perhaps even self-entitlement, from thousands who seemingly can take it or leave it, when it comes to actually attending.

It was once stated that as we slipped through the divisions, the supporters kept coming out of adversity and perhaps even to avoid accusations that we had officially become a meaningless club, in the grander scheme of things.

We've now come full circle, too many 'locals' who either sit uncomfortably with change, are getting older, or feel they've served their time?

We should be grateful for the out-of-towners and foreigners who have started coming, as they seemingly make up a large proportion of the actual attendees.

What is very noticeable is the seriously huge amount of Scottish supporters we are now attracting, at every home game.

For me, because of the local logistics of travel and City purging all before them, plenty of the locals are now spoilt or indifferent, which also translates to the lack of consistent atmosphere, as so many tourists don't quite have that passion yet.

Simply the apathy and indifference, perhaps even self-entitlement, from thousands who seemingly can take it or leave it, when it comes to actually attending.

It was once stated that as we slipped through the divisions, the supporters kept coming out of adversity and perhaps even to avoid accusations that we had officially become a meaningless club, in the grander scheme of things.

We've now come full circle, too many 'locals' who either sit uncomfortably with change, are getting older, or feel they've served their time?

We should be grateful for the out-of-towners and foreigners who have started coming, as they seemingly make up a large proportion of the actual attendees.

What is very noticeable is the seriously huge amount of Scottish supporters we are now attracting, at every home game.

For me, because of the local logistics of travel and City purging all before them, plenty of the locals are now spoilt or indifferent, which also translates to the lack of consistent atmosphere, as so many tourists don't quite have that passion yet.
slagged the "LOCALS" off enough yet?

Harsh and too many broad strokes. People (including me) have always missed a few games here and there.

As fans, we now have a "season ticket" culture. Every year we are at Wembley and in Europe. We sell out of all the big home games well in advance. My best mate has a season ticket next to me and I reckon he's been to maybe 5 games this season. He can afford it, but he keeps on buying that ticket just so he is guaranteed of being at the biggest games in a good seats. Lots buy them for their kids for £100 or whatever in the full knowledge that the kid will miss half the games. Kids always do.

You have to accept that there is an element of diminishing returns with regards to the glory, too. I was on holiday on Sunday but wasn't even bothered that I wasn't there: I've sat through enough club-manufactured cheesefests to know what to expect.

The "problem", if there is one, is that we haven't necessarily got the matchday numbers to fill in the unused season tickets by taking them off mates.

slagged the "LOCALS" off enough yet?

well said matey

the media are to blame and manchester city have been signaled out about empty seats and show me a club in england that sell out every game not even the red scum don't sell out every week. its poor media writing and its the only thing they cling onto to batter manchester city with its a easy shot and i never understand what or why have manchester city done to piss off the media so much

I've noticed that too, plenty of Scots around the ground these days (hopefully they're of a Rangers persuasion and not those other scumbags).

Did anyone see Sky interviewing people outside the Etihad before the match re Yaya? It was interesting to hear a few non-Mancunian voices i.e. at least one Irish and even a Japanese chap who'd travelled all the way apparently just to see Yaya's last match.

Harsh and too many broad strokes. People (including me) have always missed a few games here and there.

As fans, we now have a "season ticket" culture. Every year we are at Wembley and in Europe. We sell out of all the big home games well in advance. My best mate has a season ticket next to me and I reckon he's been to maybe 5 games this season. He can afford it, but he keeps on buying that ticket just so he is guaranteed of being at the biggest games in a good seats. Lots buy them for their kids for £100 or whatever in the full knowledge that the kid will miss half the games. Kids always do.

You have to accept that there is an element of diminishing returns with regards to the glory, too. I was on holiday on Sunday but wasn't even bothered that I wasn't there: I've sat through enough club-manufactured cheesefests to know what to expect.

The "problem", if there is one, is that we haven't necessarily got the matchday numbers to fill in the unused season tickets by taking them off mates.

Dunno about this - for certain games, maybe, such as Watford on a Tuesday night in early January this season. There were loads of tickets put up on the ticket exchange by SC holders that didn't shift. However, for last night's game, when I checked the planner yesterday there were only single seats showing in all but a few blocks. So to turn up last night, and see batches of empties in all areas of the stadium would suggest that a lot of non-attending SC holders didn't even bother putting their seats up for sale on the exchange. Let's also remember that a week or so ago, Brighton returned the 3rd tier of the away section - perhaps nearly 1500 tickets - which went back on sale to City fans, and from what I could see all of them shifted no problem. That would suggest to me that more non-SC holders would've attended last night if those chunks of empties were available to buy on the planner. Most fans will attend with mates or family members so to not see any decent availability of seats together aside from a few pairs here and there would've put many off buying a ticket.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.