City v Brighton post match thread.

Have to say I totally agree with you. The football we have seen this year and thousands can’t be arsed turning up. And not saying most didn’t stay but even more surprised to see people fucking off and not taking the opportunity to say goodbye to a true legend. Rant over.
agree 100%

I think the main issue TH is that our stadium and the surrounding routes are an absolute nightmare to get in / out of, in particular a work day.
Also yesterday their was another train strike so thus this meant additional cars on the road.
Manchester's infrastructure and transport is a joke and is getting worse year by year. This is not the club's fault but I know from speaking to a lot of fans that they reluctantly shun some midweek games as they are not getting back until very late and have to get up for work early in the morning.
I am hoping to get a season ticket next season but not sure whether I would want to go to midweek games for the reasons above.
I don't think it's people not wanting to go it's just all the chaos, inconvenience and ball ache of navigating through a traffic clogged congested city.
Yes I agree.

My son who is an MCFC fanatic who went to the Ukraine and is off to New Jersey pre-seaon, has given up on mid-week matches because it impacts on his job.

I go to the league matches but not the CL matches because I am reliant on the Gods-awful Metrolink to get there and back from the Etihad.

I love Yaya as much as anybody else and cheered him throughout the match but as soon as the whistle went I legged it, because I wanted to get home on the same day I left.

Never usually pisses me off, but last night was an embarrassment in terms of the crowd.

Thousands of empty seats for the final home game of an incredible season where we could say thank you to this amazing team and say goodbye to Yaya.

I'm pretty sure those same people would have used the tickets they had bought in advance if the title was still to have been decided.

I just don't get it.
Totally agree, the Empty seats, the lack of noise, I really hope next season it gets sorted out.

Those complaining about empty seats consider people’s circumstances I got a seasoncard and went to 6 home games.I am a carer for my long term partner who has Alzheimer’s and the opportunity to get to the ground is quite difficult at most times,I was a steward in family stand for 10 years and supported this club for over 50
years so talk of people can’t be arsed is sometimes way off the mark.

Yaya's night and a deserved celebratory send off for a great player. Vinnie's words, as ever, right on the money. Laporte was the best player for us - a superb game. Danilo not too far behind either. Entertaining game and a host of records broken to boot.

I have to eat some serious humble pie.
Leroy actually got his shit in one sock and played like we know he can.
His speed, balance and change of direction is frightening.
My MoM

I do get all that, I do. I face the same dilemma in terms of mustering the motivation to get to midweeks.

My only argument was that last night was the final home game of the season and Yaya's final game, so I felt compelled to pay my respects.
They missed a trick by not making the Huddersfield game Ya Ya’s last... nighttime games are problematic for many and are not indicative of our real attendances for me... I too tend to leave a couple of minutes before the final whistle for the same reasons given but last night there was no way I was leaving till Toure left the pitch

Moaning fuckers. We’re fucking Champions and the Rags are 19 behind. So what if some people couldn’t make it?

PS

Those complaining about empty seats consider people’s circumstances I got a seasoncard and went to 6 home games.I am a carer for my long term partner who has Alzheimer’s and the opportunity to get to the ground is quite difficult at most times,I was a steward in family stand for 10 years and supported this club for over 50
years so talk of people can’t be arsed is sometimes way off the mark.

If you can not attend 13 home games for personal reasons then that's fair enough. But your seat is shown as sold on the ticket planner. As long as you pass the ticket over to a friend for use or put it on the ticket exchange so someone else can buy it then that's OK....I assume that's what you do. To be honest though, if you can only get to six games a season, I wonder why you bother paying for a season card in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.