City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
because people should show up when they've bought tickets, and you know, support the team, or at least manage to fill that seat. People have loaned a seat for a season off the club, they should fill it.

Why "should" people show up when they have bought a ticket? Do you judge them as being less of a fan if they dont?
Why is it their responsibility to fill the seat if they cant attend?

Your second sentence is a reiteration of the first, so see my response to the first.

There's some good points being made and also some really duff ones. This thread has slowly evolved into a "attendance" type thread which is fair enough I suppose. There's a couple of debates going on at the moment and they all link together. Expansion, empty seats, pricing etc. People not turning up will always happen and I don't think they should be punished, but I hate empty seats.What I noticed on Wed was clusters of empty seats all over the show, that's clearly not due to a rail strike. If I didn't have a SC, I wouldn't be paying for matchday tickets regularly with the ridiculous prices being charged. I think the whole set up needs reviewing starting this summer and throughout next season so the club can design a clear ticketing strategy for years. One thing is clear for me though, why expand if there will just be more empty seats? That just isn't logical or business savvy.

it is business savvy if the empty seats have actually been sold, which is the "problem" the "top fans" are trying to "solve".

how about...
2 points for attending a game (swiping in), 1 point for leaving after the full-time (tap out on exit).
-3 points for missing a game (not swiping in), no penalty if you upload to ticket exchange for your first 5 games, if you upload to ticket exchange for more than 5 games you'll only get 1 point back (so lose 2), as you're missing too many games.

You will also get bonus points for attending a sequence of games, so if you attend 5 games in a row, you get 5 extra points, 10 games, 10 points etc. You could also do bonus points for cup schemes and midweek games.

If you end up with a positive points score, you get those points as a discount against your season card. So you attend all 19 games, you get £57 deducted off your season ticket. (19 x 2 points plus a 19 game sequence).
If you end up with a negative score, then the penalties could range from being frozen out from purchasing away tickets for a season, an increase on your seasoncard price etc. That way you're incentivised to have your card used and your seat filled, and you have to pay more to keep it empty.

Tapping out to gain a point? If they introduce that the ground will start emptying after 70 mins. Otherwise it would take 20 mins to get out of the stadium.

Why "should" people show up when they have bought a ticket? Do you judge them as being less of a fan if they dont?
Why is it their responsibility to fill the seat if they cant attend?

Your second sentence is a reiteration of the first, so see my response to the first.

because they've bought a ticket to use a seat inside the stadium to watch the match. It's not for me to judge whether they are less of a fan for not turning up and supporting the team, and not supporting fellow fans by selling or passing on their ticket when they can't go.

Why is it the club's responsibility to sell on their ticket without having the gift of telepathy to know who's not going to attend?

because they've bought a ticket to use a seat inside the stadium to watch the match. It's not for me to judge whether they are less of a fan for not turning up and supporting the team, and not supporting fellow fans by selling or passing on their ticket when they can't go.

Why is it the club's responsibility to sell on their ticket without having the gift of telepathy to know who's not going to attend?

I am glad you dont want to judge other fans, but if thats true why are you suggesting they are penalised for not doing what doing what you think is the right thing? To penalise someone first you have to judge them.

I never said it was the clubs responsibility to sell the ticket without being asked to. Its just that while I would encourage fans who cant attend to pass on or sell their tickets, I dont thinks a good idea to compel fans to do so by penalising them if they dont.

I also dont see the issue with empty seats?
For the first 15 years of attending matches Maine Road was rarely full. Did it stop me enjoying going to matches? no, I left that to various crap players I had to watch.
It only seems to have become an issue in the last five years when the shits from old trafford have tried to use it as a stick to beat us (cos they cant on the field). It seems to me that you and others have bought into this bullshit myth and are trying to "solve the problem". Whereas the response should be to tell the narky fuckbuckets from old toilet to go fuck themselves and enjoy our success.

because people should show up when they've bought tickets, and you know, support the team, or at least manage to fill that seat. People have loaned a seat for a season off the club, they should fill it.

People have not been 'loaned a seat' for a season they have purchased the right to use that seat for the season - and in most instances have paid many hundreds of pounds for the privilege. Attendance should not be made a prerequisite condition of doing so.

I am glad you dont want to judge other fans, but if thats true why are you suggesting they are penalised for not doing what doing what you think is the right thing? To penalise someone first you have to judge them.

I never said it was the clubs responsibility to sell the ticket without being asked to. Its just that while I would encourage fans who cant attend to pass on or sell their tickets, I dont thinks a good idea to compel fans to do so by penalising them if they dont.

I also dont see the issue with empty seats?
For the first 15 years of attending matches Maine Road was rarely full. Did it stop me enjoying going to matches? no, I left that to various crap players I had to watch.
It only seems to have become an issue in the last five years when the shits from old trafford have tried to use it as a stick to beat us (cos they cant on the field). It seems to me that you and others have bought into this bullshit myth and are trying to "solve the problem". Whereas the response should be to tell the narky fuckbuckets from old toilet to go fuck themselves and enjoy our success.

no, i just think our players and manager deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.