The best British film

Not being a troll, just say it as it is. It was an imperialist, revisionist, racist piece of trash film filled with historical inaccuracies.
It was, and still is, watched by millions, why do you think that's the case? All these people mustn't subscribe to
your student union, PC, right on view of the world, in fact most ordinary people don't.
Of course, like any film, the facts are embellished, and there are indeed one or two historical inaccuracies, but
broadly, it reflected, albeit spectacularly, the events after Isandlwana.
I'm amused by yet another 'Racism' tag, obviously directed at the British, have you any knowledge of the Zulus?

Yes, the Zulu's name was Will.

Michael Caine distinctly said "Here come the bleeders now. Fire at Will."

All those Welsh cuntz being slaughtered

I'm sure I heard one of the attacking warriors shout, 'Wrap your guts around this assegai, you Taff twat.'

That's one of the major inaccuracies about the film.
The battle happened in 1879, but that battalion didn't move it's depot and main recruiting area to Wales until 1881. Most of the men who fought at Rourke's Drift and Isandlwana were from Warwickshire or were Irish.

That's one of the major inaccuracies about the film.
The battle happened in 1879, but that battalion didn't move it's depot and main recruiting area to Wales until 1881. Most of the men who fought at Rourke's Drift and Isandlwana were from Warwickshire or were Irish.

Yeah, but I'd still rather see the Taffs getting a kicking rather than the Paddy's

It was, and still is, watched by millions, why do you think that's the case? All these people mustn't subscribe to
your student union, PC, right on view of the world, in fact most ordinary people don't.
Of course, like any film, the facts are embellished, and there are indeed one or two historical inaccuracies, but
broadly, it reflected, albeit spectacularly, the events after Isandlwana.
I'm amused by yet another 'Racism' tag, obviously directed at the British, have you any knowledge of the Zulus?

If you're interested in this sort of thing, there's actually 3 men who fought at Rourke's Drift buried in the cemetery (Philips Park) opposite City's stadium. There's stone plaques to honour them just inside the main gates (opposite the gas holder), and a map showing whereabouts they are buried.
There's also a couple of men buried there who were involved in the Charge of the Light Brigade, and another who fought in the Napoleonic wars.
If you're ever at the gound and need to kill a bit of time then it can be worth a wander around and have a nosy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.