Players who might improve us

Is he not?
Well, I base my opinion mostly on what I saw from him when he played for Napoli. Is he no longer the same player? I see he has scored 40 goals in 47 games this season, 49 in 50 last season.

Look at the league he's in though. Imagine how many Kun would get if he played for Celtic! Or indeed, for PSG.

What do you think would happen if we presented Liverpool with an offer in the £150m-£200m range for Salah?

Given our ambition, stated a number of times by those running the club, why do you think we wouldn't do this? I assume we could actually find the money if we wanted to? But I also guess that may limit other purchases on positions like a Fern replacement. However, if we got Salah would that even matter? And what a statement of intent it would be to the rest of the league!
It would be boring. I'm not sure Salah will be that good either

What do you think would happen if we presented Liverpool with an offer in the £150m-£200m range for Salah?

Given our ambition, stated a number of times by those running the club, why do you think we wouldn't do this? I assume we could actually find the money if we wanted to? But I also guess that may limit other purchases on positions like a Fern replacement. However, if we got Salah would that even matter? And what a statement of intent it would be to the rest of the league!

I imagine they'd tell us to shove it, besides its not a guarantee he can replicate this seasons form again. I don't know whether he will or not but for that kind of money you'd have to be certain and there's no guarantee even if he was just as good that he would be as effective in our system - he scores a lot of vardy-esque ball over the top goals that he would have less opportunity for here.

tammy Abrahams , we do not have anything like him but would Chelsea deal with us? all depends on how highly they rate him and who is there next season, as for improving us he would add balance to our strikers so when Aguerro goes we can buy a midget like Dybala in confidence

Yes, he scores a lot of goals. But he is not clinical. Aguero scores a lot too, and in spite of all our complaints, he is more clinical than Cavani. If you watch PSG he misses lots of esse chances. Sure he scores some spectacular ones too, and scored a lot. But I won't call him clinical.
Granted it's from last season but I do not imagine it's changed too much this season given the numbers he's posted:

"Edinson Cavani's conversion rate (34%) this term is better than: Suarez (30%) Higuain (29%) Costa (29%) Lewandowski (25%) Ibrahimovic (21%)"

The blokes a machine.

Granted it's from last season but I do not imagine it's changed too much this season given the numbers he's posted:

"Edinson Cavani's conversion rate (34%) this term is better than: Suarez (30%) Higuain (29%) Costa (29%) Lewandowski (25%) Ibrahimovic (21%)"

The blokes a machine.
Cavani from Napoli would have been good but not now , the only figures of yours that can be used in my opinion is Ibra 21% . as they both played together in that league and Ibra was first choice, and for those that watched the far classier

Cavani from Napoli would have been good but not now , the only figures of yours that can be used in my opinion is Ibra 21% . as they both played together in that league and Ibra was first choice, and for those that watched the far classier
Ibra was at United last season.

The blokes a machine.
I'm an analytics guy, and try my best not to try to pretend stats are unimportant. But the skill we are trying to isolate here isn't what you've isolated above.

I am guessing here that the above shows goals from shots taken, Correct? But that doesn't isolate what we are looking for.

What we are trying to quantify is how often he misses big chances. Someone' posted that stat as it relates to Sane, Sterling and Aguero on the Sterling thread. I.e. How often does the player miss clear chances he should score.

This way we are not unduly crediing strikers who only shoot from clear chances and unduely lowering the value of those who take shots when often there really wasn't a chance.

The above stats are a good start, but I'd be more comfortable viewing or comparing his clear chances missed stats to those of other strikers.

That's where being clinical is found. I think :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.