City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is in the Clubs hands many complain they go on the web site for tickets .shows it sold out but then there are spare seats

The sooner this is done the better all round. This would allow the club a greater revenue throughout the year. However if the club is looking to increase revenue they should look at the prices of food, which is way to high. For what I pay for fish and chips in the ground, I can get 2 fish and 1 large portion of chips from my local chippy.

I personally couldn't care less if I was the only person in the ground watching.

Empty seats are not the problem, but when people can't get in to a sold out game despite there being thousands of empty seats I think its a bit of a problem. If the club were able to sell those seats and get the associated match day spend in club shop, beer, food etc, then the price of my season ticket wouldn't need to go up.

I'll repeat for the 721st time, no one is saying you personally have to attend every game - just give your ticket to a mate or put it on the exchange. Its a lose-lose situation otherwise.

Bottom line someone buys a season ticket and he or she can do what ever they want regarding missing games for what ever reason. For me it’s another dig at us city fans.

The problem is in the Clubs hands many complain they go on the web site for tickets .shows it sold out but then there are spare seats
For most games there will be resale tickets for sale that don't all sell, but those seats are sold and not filled but those seats are available to buy. There will be other seats that aren't put up for resale that are empty. There is also the fact that around half the away teams return the 3rd tier tickets sometimes very late and these are usually available for £30 so will sell before the resales. If every s/c holder misses 2 games a season spread evenly over the season that's about 4500 / game missing but a midweek game on TV will have more than that plus about 1000 from the away block.

and encouraging people to do that is fine.
Its people advocating punishing people for not doing so is what I (and most fans) object to.
The introduction of a minimum attendance would be the encouragement people seem to need (unbelievably). There's only a punishment if they don't do it.

We have to acept our fan base has not expanded that much over the last few years
Before we moved to the Etihad we were selling out Maine Road averaging 32-34 thousand .
At the Etihad soon went up to 44 thousand
Now we averaging 54 thousound which is brilliant
Problem is if a couple of thousand season ticket holders dont turn up we have not always got fans to fill the void .But if people go they should be happy and not worry about the ones that dont go

The introduction of a minimum attendance would be the encouragement people seem to need (unbelievably). There's only a punishment if they don't do it.
Why ? If someone buys a ticket and doesn't use it how does that effect you or anyone else ? To get closer to the thread topic. If we expand to 62000 for maybe 6 games there will be 62000 in the stadium, maybe for another 6 nearer 50,000 and the rest somewhere in between. It's down to club in the end why some fans should worry about it is beyond me.

We have to acept our fan base has not expanded that much over the last few years
Before we moved to the Etihad we were selling out Maine Road averaging 32-34 thousand .
At the Etihad soon went up to 44 thousand
Now we averaging 54 thousound which is brilliant
Problem is if a couple of thousand season ticket holders dont turn up we have not always got fans to fill the void .But if people go they should be happy and not worry about the ones that dont go
They will eventually get there. You can't create fans overnight as us fickle humans tend to be loyal to one club. If the club continues to be successful on the field then its only natural that young supporters will start to support the club then when old enough attend matches. It will take a generation to increase the ticket sales substantially.

Thats not encouragement, thats coercion.
Its still a punishment.

we are never going to agree.
people have other things going on in their lives and cant be a "top fan" like you and should not be punished because of it.

They will eventually get there. You can't create fans overnight as us fickle humans tend to be loyal to one club. If the club continues to be successful on the field then its only natural that young supporters will start to support the club then when old enough attend matches. It will take a generation to increase the ticket sales substantially.
You are corect but we have to encourage young fans to attend when we first started going we all stood / sat together unfortuantly this is nowadays not allways an option plus for sone youngsters the matches are unafordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.