City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are corect but we have to encourage young fans to attend when we first started going we all stood / sat together unfortuantly this is nowadays not allways an option plus for sone youngsters the matches are unafordable
You're right but that can only be done after extending, it's the only way to accommodate new fans that want to sit together, so we need to extend first even if we start later this year we are looking at probably 20-21 season opening, maybe by then there will be a standing option.

Thats not encouragement, thats coercion.
Its still a punishment.

we are never going to agree.
people have other things going on in their lives and cant be a "top fan" like you and should not be punished because of it.

I'll agree with you that we'll never agree :)

We have to acept our fan base has not expanded that much over the last few years
Before we moved to the Etihad we were selling out Maine Road averaging 32-34 thousand .
At the Etihad soon went up to 44 thousand
Now we averaging 54 thousound which is brilliant
Problem is if a couple of thousand season ticket holders dont turn up we have not always got fans to fill the void .But if people go they should be happy and not worry about the ones that dont go

I don't accept that our fan base not expanded much over the last few years; in fact, I'd be amazed if our fan base is not growing relatively quickly. However, the growth will largely be away from the Manchester area. Also, in the UK, the growth will be among young kids who are probably years away from being in a position to attend game at the Etihad regularly.

If City continue to improve as a team and club and keep winning titles, the demand for seats at the Etihad will continue to grow.

The club will have all sorts of data to tell them how support is growing and what demand for tickets looks like and what trend it is on. They will calculate if and when it makes sense to increase capacity.

The point does bear repeating that the empty seats at the Etihad are largely down to people not using tickets rather than lack of demand for tickets.

People that have bought season tickets are entitled to attend as and when they see fit but I do find it odd that so many people seem unwilling or unable to get someone to use their seats when they are not there. Our Kid and I have a season ticket each, I live 180 miles from MCR, he still resides in Cheshire but has to travel regularly for work so there are plenty of occasions when one or both of us cannot go but our seats are rarely empty and we now regret that we gave up a third seat a few years back. I have friends who don't even support City that would be delighted to borrow our tickets just because City are so good to watch.

I don't accept that our fan base not expanded much over the last few years; in fact, I'd be amazed if our fan base is not growing relatively quickly. However, the growth will largely be away from the Manchester area. Also, in the UK, the growth will be among young kids who are probably years away from being in a position to attend game at the Etihad regularly.

If City continue to improve as a team and club and keep winning titles, the demand for seats at the Etihad will continue to grow.

The club will have all sorts of data to tell them how support is growing and what demand for tickets looks like and what trend it is on. They will calculate if and when it makes sense to increase capacity.

The point does bear repeating that the empty seats at the Etihad are largely down to people not using tickets rather than lack of demand for tickets.

People that have bought season tickets are entitled to attend as and when they see fit but I do find it odd that so many people seem unwilling or unable to get someone to use their seats when they are not there. Our Kid and I have a season ticket each, I live 180 miles from MCR, he still resides in Cheshire but has to travel regularly for work so there are plenty of occasions when one or both of us cannot go but our seats are rarely empty and we now regret that we gave up a third seat a few years back. I have friends who don't even support City that would be delighted to borrow our tickets just because City are so good to watch.

Spot on.
In March 2011 just 39000 showed up for an FA Cup quarter final against Reading.
In January 2018 we sold 54000 tickets for Burnley in the third round. This and the Wolves game in the Carabao Cup had loads of kids in attendance, including my own who don't go to every game.

Our world widev fan base might have been expanded but our match going fan base has not yet reached capacity otherwise all tickets for all games would be snapped up
We nothing to apologise for .to get near enough full houses for all league ggame and most cup games is some going .plus we could sell our away alocation 5 fold

When i called the idea silly and offered some rationale suggestions and thoughts on the subject, i was swore at. Plus me and another poster asked for answers or feedback, we didnt get it and more abuse.

Yes, i can see some disincentives for missing games like cut the loyalty points but that is the only solution i can see that wont cause mass upset. I didnt realise Munich have a scheme in place and i wonder how the fans feel about it. If you fell just below that threshold of 60% for whatever reason and were suddenly binned by the club you would feel pretty upset about it. I know i would unless you can justify different reasons for missing 40% of games!

You got abuse because of your shit attitude & deserve it.

I have laid down an idea which would be simple enough to implement. It would just need the financial fine details deciding on, which I have already said, the club won't do anyway, because they are taking every penny they can get, for season tickets.

But why just implement such a system for the lower tier? Why should someone who sits in their be penalised for non attendance when someone in levels 2 or 3 can't be arsed to turn up for a game for whatever reason but that is deemed OK? How could such a system be deemed fair and equitable? You really haven't given this any thought.

So that they fuck off upstairs rather than leaving empty seats in front of the cameras &, so that we can expand to 62k & keep the atmosphere at its best closer to the pitch.

It's not supposed to be the European Court of Human Rights, it's just a way of filling the bottom tier when the ground is expanded & as I sit down there & can't attend all games, I would have to sign up to it & guess what? It wouldn't bother me one shit.

You see, one of us in this conversation has actually thought about it.

FFS for the millionth time that is already sold seats with the ticket holders not turning up! Sad granted but them seats are sold!
It isn’t. Something odd is going on. There have been full random ten seats in a row empty this season. That’s the club not doing things properly

It isn’t. Something odd is going on. There have been full random ten seats in a row empty this season. That’s the club not doing things properly
Where ? because at the start of the season the only place there are 10 seats on sale together for matchday tickets is about the back 10-15 rows of level 3 East stand and CB. Anywhere else it is a struggle to find more than 2 or 3 seats together available. Think there are also a couple of areas in the family stand that get left for group bookings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.