Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a pretty accurate summation but I also think United due to their extent of coverage get more criticism also, particularly their managers like Moyes, LVG and Mourinho especially when things go wrong.

The media at the end of the day is a business and we have no more right to expect parity with United for coverage than Burnley have a right to demand parity with ourselves. As businesses, business decisions will dictate the extent of the coverage. It will only change as our popularity grows.

Agree 100% , only our continued success and increased support worldwide will sway the media , when i was a nipper i was excited if we got on match of the day a few times a season and could never understand how the Football Pink was available freshly printed with all the football results a mere five minutes after a game at Maine Road , i thought it was witchcraft.

So same question without the deflection of humour.

Have united and their style of football got more praise than City and Peps this year?

Are you saying they should have?

It’s a question of proportionality - we may well have received praise, but completely disproportional to what we have achieved. Conversely, the rags and Liverpool have received completely diproptional praise relative to what they have achieved.

If you don’t think that’s true, then ..... wait, off course you don’t think that’s true!

The remit of the BBC is not to drive click bait.

It is supposed to be impartial, because we all fund it.

It does not rely on advertising or clicks to generate revenue.
They have to justify their part of the budget.
Make no mistake, the BBC need clickbait and engagement as the daily mail

2nd most prominent article on BBC.com this morning.... "Trent Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool’s local boy on family values & shining on world stage"

The wankathon that accompanied Moyes appointment was possibly the most nauseating I’ve ever encountered, and I would maintain that the boot only truly went in with United’s tacit endorsement
i thought the appointment of peg was even more sickening, it literally was on every couple of minutes on sky, i remember because i was off sick at the time and i was watching ssn , it made me almost vomit , i ended up phoning sky by the end of the day complaining, i know i need to get a life :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.