Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting they had to use "net spend" in their figures to get the table to show what they wanted.
Yes. I wondered how the figures would have looked for this season only.

Also something of a foregone conclusion since Klopp's "net" spend was nowt. If he'd failed to gain a single point he'd still be top of the table. What's the point?

The beeb bollocks, has been stretched over 2 seasons otherwise liverpool would have net spend of 10m, plus the trophy bit on side would say something very different for rags chelsea and arse.

If they make.it just this season, take sales out and just spent fees it is

Us £282m
Chesea £236m
Scouse £158m
Rags £145
Spurs £107m
Arse £106m

Makes a big difference to that article

Last edited:
What a load of tripe that article is, cost per point my arse, its just a way to undermine Pep on the eve of mots. They should do another article titled records broken per spending, then Pep would win hands down because lets face it, none of the others play good enough football to break records.

Football is a multi-billion pound industry and the companies (clubs) involved are desperate to retain and expand their customer base. The media - print, TV or Web-based is where companies can discredit their competition and promote themselves for "free"; an industry like no other. Therefore given the outlandish bigging up of the likes of utd (custis wtf?) and Liverpool, coupled with the downplaying and criticising of city, it would be incredibly naive to think a decent wedge of certain clubs' marketing budgets weren't going towards media outlets. I don't buy into this click bait theory, it's all about retaining fan base and hence revenue.
Also, re the comments sections, fight back and put the c@nts straight!!

I caught a bit on Talksport about manager of the year, it said Ignoring Pep who is your manager of the year, Then two idiots suggested Rafa and that exponent of anti football at Huddersfield.

What exactly do the media want entertaining football or bus parking shite, I'm confused.

Listened to that for about an hour, people from all over the country phoning in to pick there manager of the season but nobody could pick Pep. Like saying who you think will win the league next season but you can't pick City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.