Swap Deal: Gundogan to Spurs Dembele to us?

4 competitions, loads of games. Had we beaten Liverpool and Wigan we would have had a fixture pile up. No point letting a quality player like him go unless he demands it. Jorginho takes Yaya’s place. So losing Gündogan would leave us short. No point taking an aging Spurs player.

The reason to let him go, would be if we found someone better to go straight into the team & ran out of squad places.

I understand our reservations about such a move and I must also say that I have reservations too. However Mousa Dembele has proven himself with some eye catching central midfield displays over the years in the league and even in Europe. I remember that game against Juve where he absolutely bossed the midfield in Turin and we were all in awe. The other leg where they lost out in a rather bizzare fashion, he again showed Europe that he was a boss. Even against Madrid iirc, he showed his rare class.

It's absolutely untrue to claim that he excels at nothing and I know he's struggled lately and that further forward, he's not all that but no one single player has got all the answers and no single player hasn't suffered difficult spells. Rather unfair to write off his years of brilliance even while at Fulham because of unconvincing performances of late.

I also recognize he his in his thirties but if Gundogan still struggles mentally because of bad injuries of the past there's not much of a difference between him, a 27 year old and a 31 year old, imo. The issues that Gundo have struggled with this season have been well documented here.

Worth considering in my opinion.

Very astute observation and one I've also noted on another thread, somewhere.

If there are any kernels of truth here, I would think it's just to employ Dembelé to replace the loss of Yaya as an option.

He would need a manager that believes in him to get the best out of him and Guardiola could do that.

It would be 'temporary' whilst the target we really want comes available.

I can't see Gundy being the swap deal.

Not been Gundy's biggest fan since he returned (immense before the injury) but Dembele...fuck no he is bobbins

Whilst I am sure many would disagree, I consider Dembele to be one of most naturally gifted players in the league. I didn’t realise he was quite so old, though. Thus, I doubt we are in for him.

If we were to initiate a swap deal (it’s extremely unlikely) with Spurs, I imagine it would be for Kane, Alli, Eriksen or Son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.