Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the womens team? It's Northern Premier League at best. I've no problem with them playing football, but promote it on a womens Bluemoon website. I support MCFC, a male institution for over a hundred years, but society seems to want to shoehorn women into every aspect of life. I'm not saying women can't have their sporting heroes, just that I'm not interested in them.

Start your own world, appeal to other women / girls who want to join, but don't mither me about it. Have a MCFC womens section by all means and if men want to get involved then that's ok. But I feel as if I'm not a proper MCFC supporter if I don't support the womens team and as I've been a Blue for over fifty years, I think I've earned my badge

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the womens team? Probably not It's Northern Premier League at best. I've no problem with them playing football, but promote it on a womens Bluemoon website. Maybe talk to Ric or a mod I support MCFC, a male institution for over a hundred years, but society seems to want to shoehorn women into every aspect of life. Getting a bit political there I'm not saying women can't have their sporting heroes, just that I'm not interested in them. Good for you I guess

Start your own world, appeal to other women / girls who want to join, but don't mither me about it. Nobody's bothering you about it Have a MCFC womens section by all means and if men want to get involved then that's ok. You mean like the EDS section? But I feel as if I'm not a proper MCFC supporter if I don't support the womens team Not true and as I've been a Blue for over fifty years, I think I've earned my badge That's actually really impressive

I understand how you feel, but I imagine many others see the women's team as a new and welcome addition to the Man City family. Some would even feel the same way about even the other CFG sides. If you don't like it then fair enough but rambling about it at 2 in the morning in an insensitive fashion won't garner you any support on here I'm afraid to say.

This'll be the closest thing to a considered response you'll get to your post I imagine. The next poster to reply to you will probably be far less forgiving towards what they may perceive to be an outdated attitude.

I understand how you feel, but I imagine many others see the women's team as a new and welcome addition to the Man City family. Some would even feel the same way about even the other CFG sides. If you don't like it then fair enough but rambling about it at 2 in the morning in an insensitive fashion won't garner you any support on here I'm afraid to say.

This'll be the closest thing to a considered response you'll get to your post I imagine. The next poster to reply to you will probably be far less forgiving towards what they may perceive to be an outdated attitude.

You have been very kind, in fact, too kind, to an old humbug. The truth is that the standard of football is high and getting even better year on year. The standards of refereeing are still well below what they should be and need improvement.
City, unfortunately, have gone backwards recently due to not replacing important players who have gone abroad to earn more money and respect in Spain and France. However, the main problem at City now is with poor management in team selection and poor preparation. This season has gone quickly from a position of having a real chance of winning three trophies this year to none with a real possibility of not qualifying for the Champions League. A new manager is now required or all the work done to make City a top force in the women’s game will be lost with the resultant loss of support.
I was looking forward to the last two games of the season at home attracting many new families but this will probably not happen now with little to play for.
Negative, I know, but, the management needs to be replaced and new exiting players are required at this crossroad for the club.

Given the resources Cushion has in regards to the team with a budget of over t/o of over £2 million plus CFA etc, this is a poor season. He cannot plead poverty of criticise the WSL cap, particularly as you see the calibre of players Chelsea have on their books. They basically pay Steph a fortune and that has screwed the rest.

Cushion runs the show so he wont go any where unless he resigns IMO. But i doubt he'll do that. I've seen excuses for tiredness etc, but it just excuses the management team knew what they were in for this season with Champions League etc and should planned accordingly, they didn't so should hold their hands up. It'll be good not to sit through a stuttering post match interview with the same spin again and again...

The club has been around for more than 25 years and this is the only time to my mind that it has regressed to my mind.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the womens team? It's Northern Premier League at best. I've no problem with them playing football, but promote it on a womens Bluemoon website. I support MCFC, a male institution for over a hundred years, but society seems to want to shoehorn women into every aspect of life. I'm not saying women can't have their sporting heroes, just that I'm not interested in them.

Start your own world, appeal to other women / girls who want to join, but don't mither me about it. Have a MCFC womens section by all means and if men want to get involved then that's ok. But I feel as if I'm not a proper MCFC supporter if I don't support the womens team and as I've been a Blue for over fifty years, I think I've earned my badge

Why even click on this thread then?

Certainly need a clear out. I’d guess Cushing will get a chance to oversee the changes but his team selection has been odd at times this year. Lawley in particular hasn’t played much but when she has she’s been our best player. Scott and Christiansen have been bang average but seem to play regularly. Houghton and Beattie both seem to have lost form. McManus is no replacement for Bronze.
To be fair to Abbie McManus , it look's like she been pushed into the right back position as a stop gap , and it's always going to be hard replacing Lucy Bronze. I thought McManus was excellent playing along side Steph Houghton as the centre back pairing, the season we won the league.

The team lacks a top class striker and Cushing always seems flat and lethargic in his post match interviews these days, almost like he can't be arsed.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the womens team?
Probably not, but its quite easy to click on hundreds of other threads than this one, its pretty clear what its about.

I don't read the political threads in off topic (unless reported), you know why ? I'm not in the slightest bit interested in them, but I also don't complain about them being there, so I suggest you follow suit.

Thanks for your input now go on another of the 100's of threads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.