Dennis Nilsen

Not too many "notorious" killers left as thankfully they are all getting too old
Sutcliffe is the obvious one. As is Ian Huntly.
Are the killers of Carl Bridgewater and Leslie Whittle alive? Think the killer of Leslie was "The Black Panther"
The Yorkshire Ripper is still young enough to win POTY though.

Having read up a little on this earlier this morning, I'd say he was a bit of an anomalous serial killer.

Started killing relatively late, without a particular history of violence. Clearly hugely affected by the death of his grandfather. I'm no psychiatrist, but I sense he got off less on the actual act of killing itself, instead gaining particular pleasure (sexual and otherwise) from having a corpse in his company. Not my idea of a productive weekend.

Many of his victims were especially young and their families must have been through torture.

I suppose technology will make it more difficult for people like this to continue for as long as Nilsen did. It's difficult to imagine him getting away with the same MO for anywhere near as long today.

RIP his victims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.