“City have got no history”

I'm trying to find the August 2017 editions of newspapers where the sports reporters gave their predictions for the 2017 - 18 season. I'm pretty sure that some of the 'experts' had us outside the top four. If anyone can help, I'd like to send the reporters a reminder of their incompetence

I'll check but recall only 1 or 2 of the 19 pundits who report for ESPN had us outside the top 4, and 12 or 13 had us winning it. I am sure biggest surprise would be related to the number who had Chelsea in the top 4; effectively everyone.

I like us writing/making history, after that, dont give a toss, otherwise you end up like the rags and dippers looking back. This season is over time to rewrite those records next year.

I'm trying to find the August 2017 editions of newspapers where the sports reporters gave their predictions for the 2017 - 18 season. I'm pretty sure that some of the 'experts' had us outside the top four. If anyone can help, I'd like to send the reporters a reminder of their incompetence

I have a feeling that Merson was the only one who mentioned us. Might have been another season, I dunno, but some of these pre-season predictions are based more on wishful thinking than any quality in the squad. It also shows that the majority of those in the RDAHMeedya really know fuck all of what they spend hours spouting about!

Let's not forget that Alyson Rudd, football expert had us down for 5th.

Does that make us the premiership surprise package for the year? Have we exceeded expectations?

From the coverage it's a shame that City finished behind 4th placed Mo Salah (whose had a fantastic season in an average team) that were 25 points off the pace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.