Pablo Maffeo

I don't get the reason why Pep should take a decision on Maffeo. Pep is here for maybe 2 seasons, Maffeo is one for the future, once Walker is into his thirties.

I strongly suspect the club have deemed him not good enough. Or he might have wanted to leave. Or very possibly both.

If hes good enough he'll be back.
Walker and danilo have atleast 2 years left. By that stage we will know if he is good enough.

Best case scenario we use the buy back clause which should be cheap. Or if hes not good enough we either buy him and sell him on for a profit, or he stays at stuttgart and the money we get now will be more than hes worth.
Dont see what the issue is here. Its like an extended loan

I do not think it as simple as we may feel at first. His contract has 1 year, our backs are pretty damn good and have 4-5 years in them each. Pep may have decided an entire team of midgets will be bad as with set pieces we are screwed if not direct. That may not come into it but you can see my point, it can't be as simple as "he is decent so why are we selling". Sancho may have told him Germany is excellent next step for his progression and he may agree and want to go no matter what having a good idea his chances here will be very slim. The reasons for the sale could be many and varied or not but i trust the club.

I just accept some we will keep, others we won't even if they are good.
Exactly mate, was just about to post similar that maybe Maffeo didn’t want to sign a new deal with us and be a loanee or back up to Walker? In which case this is the best solution all round. Shame though.

I think once you have a moment to reflect on this, it does make sense. He's ready to go on to a full time playing contract and we're not in a position to guarantee him playing time next season. It isn't fair on him to make him wait another season on loan. We can't stockpile 30 players, so in this case we've sold him and have a buy back if/when we need him to replace Danilo - all good and if Sky want to do a net spend for 2018-19 season now then we'll be looking good :)

Not convinced he was good enough but would be good to see more limits on non-academy players in a squad (implemented Europe wide) so we get to see a few more academy players in our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.