Six Blues in Garth Crooks 'Team of the Season' - but not Guardiola

Happy to see so many blues in his team of the season...

But in what universe was Young a better LB than Delph?

Garth occupies an orbit somewhere between the Planet Zog and Earth. Rafa as manager? Hee Hee! There is but one manager who would get more out of those players and it's Pep! Even the six he's had all season would move up half a notch!!

"I was asked recently who were my top three managers this season. Without a moment's hesitation I said Rafael Benitez, Sean Dyche and Chris Hughton - in that order."
Oh Garth.

Oh Garth.

He's saved the best for last. :-)

I wonder if, at any moment, before mashing the send button, he thought: 'Woh there, hang on a minute, I've only got one Brighton player in my team and none at all from Burnley or Newcastle..."

I didn't think so either.

I do love the way he consciously uses the word 'lad', though, as if it bestows on him an air of fatherly wisdom about all matters football. 'Regular readers will know what I think of this lad...'

He doesn’t even mention Pep. Pep doesn’t even come under consideration for manager of the year in Garth Crooks mind. Unbelievable.

He doesn’t even mention Pep. Pep doesn’t even come under consideration for manager of the year in Garth Crooks mind. Unbelievable.
Lol it’s mind boggling. The best season any manager has ever had in history of top flight English football yet he’s getting close to fuck all recognition for it. Amazing.

Not sure it's a good thing we've got so many in his team given how much of a joke he is. His reasoning for Rafa is classic Garth. He also bizarrely suggests Newcastle have played some kind of total football and have always had a go at their opposition regardless, not knocking Newcastle but they certainly don't and anybody who remembers the two games they played against us will tell you they definitely didn't have a go at their opposition in those games.

Another failing to recognise Sterling's contribution.

Don't think people are failling to recognise his contribution, many have point him out for praise and honorable mentions its just that Salah and Kane have both scored more than 30 premier league goals this season and rightly get the nod ahead of him.

Think there's an argument for Salah' s and possibly DeGea's inclusion and that's about it. The rest should be City players.

If you think some of his idea's and thoughts are barmy Mike Phelan's team of the year on SSN was a belter, just 3 City lads and none in defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.