Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this time we do sign him. He'd be devastating in our team and he could play a number of roles in our midfield / forward line and help to make sure KDB is not overplayed.

Bernardo was a 10 in Benfica's academy. Played as a wing playmaker in 4222 at Monaco, moving inside. Sidibe (RB) occupied the entire flank.

He's definitely not a winger in the usual sense of the word, and was reportedly bought to play centrally, as Silva's heir.
Ok thanks for that, I hope we get him top player.

I like Mahrez but I believe Bernardo is going to be that player for us, excellent dribbler with fantastic close control and ability to pick a pass. I have been really impresssed with some of the finishing from Bernardo also, there is no reason he can’t go up a few notches next year.

I would definitely rather have a Zaha or Bailey as our options with Sane and Sterling.

moving inside. Sidibe (RB) occupied the entire flank..

Not true, neither in Bernardo's own opinion - he's said categorically he played wide right last season when asked in interview- or factually, looking at his heatmaps where he was always getting the majority of his touches vey wide right.

I'm not sure why this completely wrong description of his position last season prevails.

He may well move inside, but Pep's not shown any desire to move him there so far, preferring to use Gundogan to replace Dave instead and leave Bernardo on the bench.

Last edited:
Maybe.

Sterling 3,658 minutes
Sane 3,618 minutes
Mahrez 3,329 minutes

The first two are young, however, and need a mental as well as physical break, especially if both involved in the World Cup; we may also have another 540 minutes of playing time to go round next year. :-)

Your maths there is suspect. If we had another 540 minutes spare from resting Sané and Sterling next season, Mahrez would get...540 minutes.

You'd need to find 3330 minutes spare to play Mahrez more than this season.

I'm not sure how Mahrez fits. He's an excellent player, but unless we're shifting Bernardo inside I dont see the fit? We need cover for Sane more than the right.

Has our interest in Bailey cooled then?

And why is everyone now convinced we are back in for Mahrez again?

Your maths there is suspect. If we had another 540 minutes spare from resting Sané and Sterling next season, Mahrez would get...540 minutes.

You'd need to find 3330 minutes spare to play Mahrez more than this season.

My English, perhaps, but my arithmetic is based on the 6 x 90 minutes we might have from the extra games involved in reaching the finals of both the FA Cup and Champions League. ;-)

My English, perhaps, but my arithmetic is based on the 6 x 90 minutes we might have from the extra games involved in reaching the finals of both the FA Cup and Champions League. ;-)

Ah OK. Still not sure he'd get up to 3000 mins, but if we're reaching the finals of the FA Cup and CL he probably won't be complaining anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.