Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think the strain is exaggerated, and I also think he's basically working in a system that is designed to minimise those pressures.

He left Barca because of the politics, players he didn't want getting signed (fabregas), being made to be the punching bag as Barca's only public face during a period of scandal, used as a pawn in club elections etc. That's just off the pitch, let alone the unique pressure of spainish football and politcs and it being his first job and his club. No surprise he needed a break. No wonder he was strained - but none of that applies here.

He left Bayern because he just didn't get on with the whole approach of the upper management, making him debrief them after games and ex-players turned administrators sticking their fingers in the playing side. Again, the higher ups here aren't trying to force him to join the "Bayern Family" and conform to their club, they'll let him be what he wants.

Here he's got his best mate as a superior, he's got a chairman who's besotted with him and a chief exec who knows him well. They will give him whatever he needs to lighten the load and just control what he wants. The Premier League has 10% the pressure he had in Spain, and I think either he himself has said, or Marti Perarnau said after speaking to him that he already knows it's a bigger and longer project than Barca and Bayern.

On top of that his family are at an age where they could do with sticking in one place for more than 3 years, when your kids are teenagers it's suddenly not so fun to uproot the family constantly and disrupt their lives and education.

Tolmie said 2021...that seems about right on a number of levels, if he goes then, where he goes, who replaces him etc. probably depends on what happens in those next 3 seasons.

That’s called ‘clutching at straws’.... however, I hope you’re rIght,can’t see it personally.... what was the age he said he’d be done at?? If anything we should look towards Cruyff, done by 50, Pep won’t be far behind and he still has ambition to manage in Italy!!!

That’s called ‘clutching at straws’.... however, I hope you’re rIght,can’t see it personally.... what was the age he said he’d be done at?? If anything we should look towards Cruyff, done by 50, Pep won’t be far behind and he still has ambition to manage in Italy!!!
Cruyff had to retire from management because of health issues.

I think Juventus will be his next stop,but hopefully in about 5 years

Cruyff had to retire from management because of health issues.

Which he will undoubtedly look at..... listen, if he stays, brilliant, however I’ll reiterate, in my opinion he has given enough hints to suggest that he won’t be managing in to his mid/late 50s, with that in mind, with the challenges he has spoken about, I think some are over playing the hand!!

Think the2022 world cup will appeal to him, maybe Italy after that but would think he would finish with it by about 2025. Think we'll have him until 2021 at the latest.

Thing is he has never managed a club with an owner like ours before, so he feels a bit jaded in a year or so time he can take a sabattical if he wants go fishing of the deck of the sheiks yacht, take a rest check in with his thoughts every couple of months on the team while one of the backroom guys run it , bit extreme I know but my point is that City are set up for him to run the football side of the business, and not have to get involved in all the other stuff that goes on in a club this is probably the most freedom he has ever had in management .

Which he will undoubtedly look at..... listen, if he stays, brilliant, however I’ll reiterate, in my opinion he has given enough hints to suggest that he won’t be managing in to his mid/late 50s, with that in mind, with the challenges he has spoken about, I think some are over playing the hand!!
Who would you get in when pep goes? Maybe sarri or nagelsmann

The only "hint" has been literally saying "I won't be managing at 60" which is 13 years away.

A lot will depend on Arteta I reckon.

I think he will do 2 more seasons, most likely Vieira will come over at the end of next season as Peps number 2 if the long term plan is for him to takeover. Can't see Pep just handing the reigns over and sailing off into the sunset tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.