Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez is better than Aguero, Jesus, and any other of our forwards that you wish to include. They won a champions league and a title, we won a title and league cup. They defended the title and reached another champs league final. Would we have got 100 points if we had progressed in the champs league.
I would rather have a champs league win than 100 points.
Now after seeing both teams, I think that United team would beat our current team. We may go on to be the greatest ever team, but at present I think we are behind that United team.
Lol are you coming out of the shadows?

Lol are you coming out of the shadows?

Nothing about coming out the shadows, I just try to be as objective and unbiased as I possibly can. We can go on to secure greatness but at this present moment in time I still think you have to regard that United squad as being the best one in the Premier league era. They won the title 3 seasons on the bounce and followed up winning the champions league by qualifying for the final the season after.

Now you could argue that the premier league is harder to win now due to the excess of cash and influx of top quality players and managers. That would be a fair point and makes our achievements this year even more astounding. Yet we failed miserably in the Champs League and blew our big day against the rags. This squad has not tested itself against any of the European elite yet, we don't know how good we actually are yet.

I believe there is more to come from this team and I believe they will go on to become this countries greatest ever team. Yet as we sit here now, I think winning the title 3 times on the bounce and 2 champions league finals makes that United team the best English team of the premier league era.

I don't get this need to win multiple times to be a great team. We just obliterated almost every record and we did it playing a beautiful brand of football. This team is the greatest ever premier league team.
I sort of get it. There is no doubt that we are a team that has had an exceptional season but I do think, to be classed as a great team, you need to dominate over a period of time. Truly ‘great’ teams are usually defined after they have stopped playing, although back to back titles (or three/four in a row), will undoubtedly cement their legacy.

I sort of get it. There is no doubt that we are a team that has had an exceptional season but I do think, to be classed as a great team, you need to dominate over a period of time. Truly ‘great’ teams are usually defined after they have stopped playing, although back to back titles (or three/four in a row), will undoubtedly cement their legacy.
I can see the point if youve won the league by a narrow margin on 84 points, but we destroyed the league. We got 100 points!! By definition that is a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.