Pep's contract situation

Hopefully if arteta stayed learned from pep for a few years then he could take over as a long term appointment?

Point missed.....

No I think you're just hearing what you want to, and then turning around and telling everyone else they're stupid for not seeing it. You've heard him say "I won't be managing at 60" when he was asked about Ferguson, and decided it's a subtle message he'll be gone in 2 years.

You saw him leave Barcelona because it was stressful 6 years ago, and decide he'll never be able to manage more than a few years at a club, despite the unique and completely different circumstances. It's the same kind of thinking rags were using 3 years ago, predicting he'd never go to City because he only manages old historic clubs like Barca and Bayern.

If you want to be as negative as possible and expect the worst so you aren't disappointed if he does leave, that's fine, but telling everyone else they're clutching at straws, being naive and missing the point just because they aren't jumping at shadows like you are, it's a bit silly.

Why buy all these young players and personally call a 17 year old to convince to join if you plan on leaving soon?

I think he wants to see the likes of Ederson, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo, Mendy, Laporte, Stones all develop and mature further.

Think he wants to see Diaz and Foden become important members of the first team.

Also said last year was much more difficult than this year.

Less pressure than Barca and Bayern since his friends are in charge here. Fully supported by the board to buy players.

At Bayern there was also an unrealistic objective of winning the CL. Anything less was seen as a normal season. That and the disagreements with the board put him off.

I could see another 3 seasons easily. Even then most of our players will be years away from reaching their prime except De Bruyne.

The only way he leaves earlier IMO is if we do something extraordinarily like 3 consecutive league titles or a treble but right now he obviously feels there is a lot of room for improvement.

Never understand those that think he will be a national team manager.

His way of playing only works with intensive training and repetition. It took our squad a year to pick it up. He wouldn’t have the training time with the players to implement his style.

No I think you're just hearing what you want to, and then turning around and telling everyone else they're stupid for not seeing it. You've heard him say "I won't be managing at 60" when he was asked about Ferguson, and decided it's a subtle message he'll be gone in 2 years.

You saw him leave Barcelona because it was stressful 6 years ago, and decide he'll never be able to manage more than a few years at a club, despite the unique and completely different circumstances. It's the same kind of thinking rags were using 3 years ago, predicting he'd never go to City because he only manages old historic clubs like Barca and Bayern.

If you want to be as negative as possible and expect the worst so you aren't disappointed if he does leave, that's fine, but telling everyone else they're clutching at straws, being naive and missing the point just because they aren't jumping at shadows like you are, it's a bit silly.

And there he is, juvenile Dom Dom..... you’ve been told about this countless times, opinions, regardless if you agree with them, are for those to express. You were very quick to throw the ‘stupid card’ in, interesting, I had you down as sharper. Don’t try some ‘psychology for dummies’ spiel with me, lad, way out your league on that front.... it’s football, life will go on and when Pep leaves in 2021, you can upgrade your Pjs!

Misses point, again......pulls tongue

I've heard to be a true great you have to win the premier league year after year and that was said by Pep at one of his press conferences so heres to 12 more titles Pep;-)

A lot will depend on Arteta I reckon.

I think he will do 2 more seasons, most likely Vieira will come over at the end of next season as Peps number 2 if the long term plan is for him to takeover. Can't see Pep just handing the reigns over and sailing off into the sunset tbh.
I really doubt Arteta choosing to stay or go would have any bearing on how long Pep chooses to extend his contract. Having a designated successor in place (if Arteta even is/was that) hasn't had any bearing for him before, nor should it.

I sense Manchester is starting to get under his skin. He is getting us and enjoying it.

We are an unusual bunch.

I hope he's here for years. But when he goes the system of playing will be ingrained for years to come. Where would his next job be? Can't see it being Spain for the reason Zin explained. PSG he would have nothing to prove. I think this is his last job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.