Swap Deal: Gundogan to Spurs Dembele to us?

No. Denbelle wouldn't get away with the fouls he commits with Spurs for us. A red card looking for a place to happen as a City player.

He's a midfielder who doesn't score, doesn't assist, isn't great defensively and is being linked with a move to China. A nothing player. In essence, a false #6.

Gundogan is far superior.

I know its only one game but Dembele was outstandingly bloody awful in the FA Cup Semi agains the Rags - I'm sure hes usually better than that - or he'd be playing for Barnet but I'm really not sure why we'd be interested in him. Levy would want Gundoghan and a wedge as well - its how he operates. I do hope the Rags go in for Dier and Rose and get done to the tune of £140m for the pair.

Don't listen to stats when it comes to Dembele. Nowhere near the same level but the guy runs games in a way that can be likened to what Silva does for us and doesn't get the credit for it much like Silva doesnt from non city fans because they just see stats. Doesn't have the consistency, otherwise he'd be at a Barca/Madrid. The only way it would make sense for Dembele to come here would be on a free as an aging but capable backup which would never happen. Wrong age and whilst I'm not a big fan of the post- Injury Gundogan there's very little incentive for us to ever entertain the idea of swapping him for Dembele or anybody else. We would be hard pressed to find a more capable player that will accept the role Gundogan seemingly has as first backup to silva/KDB.

Doesn't have the consistency, otherwise he'd be at a Barca/Madrid.

No, he's not at Madrid or Barcelona because they actually want their midfielders to be well rounded. Dembele is not great defensively, and offers nothing in attack with no creativity and no goal threat.

He is good at 2 things, holding onto the ball, and transitioning defence into attack. The problem with that is every top team has players who can do that and other stuff.

This is why Dembelé only works in a system where his defending is done by Wanyama and the 3 CB's behind him, and his attacking is done by Eriksen and Alli ahead of him. He's the ultimate luxury player, and his reputation has been blown up an insane amount by a couple of good performances in games where being this extra man has worked out well tactically. He then goes months out of form or playing badly when Spurs need more from him.

There's a reason they'll reportedly happily let him leave.

Gundogwan is our least creative creative mid. Arguably slightly better than Javier Garcia. Add to the fact that he is nowhere near as good as Fernandiniho at tackling and reading the game and for me he is easily our weakest first team midfielder. But surely Dembele is too old for our squad. Woudl swap him for Wildried Zaha in a flash and move Bernardo into the middle.

No, he's not at Madrid or Barcelona because they actually want their midfielders to be well rounded. Dembele is not great defensively, and offers nothing in attack with no creativity and no goal threat.

He is good at 2 things, holding onto the ball, and transitioning defence into attack. The problem with that is every top team has players who can do that and other stuff.

This is why Dembelé only works in a system where his defending is done by Wanyama and the 3 CB's behind him, and his attacking is done by Eriksen and Alli ahead of him. He's the ultimate luxury player, and his reputation has been blown up an insane amount by a couple of good performances in games where being this extra man has worked out well tactically. He then goes months out of form or playing badly when Spurs need more from him.

There's a reason they'll reportedly happily let him leave.

Don't disagree with your general summation of him. He's absolutely a luxury player but if he was more consistent, turning up in say 6-7/10 games rather than 3-4 at best, he's a luxury a lot of elite clubs would like to have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.