Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Thanks for confirming that. So that means that if both the Madrid clubs win, pot 1 will be us, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Bayern, Porto & Juve.

Pot 2 would probably be Dortmund, Schalke, Roma, Shakhtar, Napoli plus Spurs, Rags & Liverpool.

Pot 3 should see Monaco, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Valencia, Club Brugge, Galatasaray & Hoffenheim

Schalke & Valencia would be nice.

If those end up being the pots we should win comfortably. The group 2 teams are all good, but well below our level.

There’s an old Glasgow saying.

I may be lying in the gutter, but I’m looking at the stars. :)

Going up a couple of places at a time is just that. It doesn’t help our coefficient with none of our teams qualifying for the Europa.

I heard it will change to individual clubs which should help if we can achieve this with a couple of teams getting by the first qualifying stage.
Wasn,t that saying by Andy Warhole, didn,t know he was from Glasgow/or Celtic fan or maybe stole it from Glaswegians, either way its a goodun.

The whole seeding is a complete fix, so it works in uefa’s favour to get who they want into the next stages to generate revenue income streams to line their pockets. Champions of europe when you have 2 teams in the final that get their by hook or by crook and cant even mount a title challenge domestically.

I really hope that another competition comes around to rival this one, Fifa get a move on
Do you think that the elite clubs will vote for a new league that provides them with any less privileges than already given to them now?

Thanks for confirming that. So that means that if both the Madrid clubs win, pot 1 will be us, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Bayern, Porto & Juve.

Pot 2 would probably be Dortmund, Schalke, Roma, Shakhtar, Napoli plus Spurs, Rags & Liverpool.

Pot 3 should see Monaco, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Valencia, Club Brugge, Galatasaray & Hoffenheim

That should be Lokomotiv Moscow in Pot 1 rather than Porto actually as Russia is higher than Portugal in the coefficients.

That now means that if both the Madrid clubs win, pot 1 will be us, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Bayern, Lokomotiv & Juve.

Pot 2 would probably be Porto, Dortmund, Roma, Shakhtar, Napoli plus Spurs, Rags & Liverpool.

Pot 3 should see Monaco, Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Valencia, Club Brugge, Galatasaray & Schalke

That should be Lokomotiv Moscow in Pot 1 rather than Porto actually as Russia is higher than Portugal in the coefficients.

That now means that if both the Madrid clubs win, pot 1 will be us, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Bayern, Lokomotiv & Juve.

Pot 2 would probably be Porto, Dortmund, Roma, Shakhtar, Napoli plus Spurs, Rags & Liverpool.

Pot 3 should see Monaco, Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Valencia, Club Brugge, Galatasaray & Schalke

So everyone will want Lokomotiv!

Wasn,t that saying by Andy Warhole, didn,t know he was from Glasgow/or Celtic fan or maybe stole it from Glaswegians, either way its a goodun.

It was Oscar Wilde who said it, but he was probably quoting one of his Glaswegian friends.

I was going to wait until after the Champions League final because there are a number of variables at this point, but as of last Friday - if Real and Atleti win, and league tables end as they are, and if the strongest seeds make it through qualifying then it will look like this;

Pot 1
Real*
Bayern
Atleti*
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG
City
Lokomotiv Moscow

Pot 2
Dortmund
Porto
United
Shakhtar
Benfica**
Napoli
Basel**
Spurs

Pot 3
Schalke
Roma
Dynamo Kyiv**
Lyon**
Liverpool
Monaco
RB Salzburg**
CSKA Moscow

Pot 4
Lazio
Ludogorets**
Valencia
PSV**
Celtic**
Galatasaray
Club Brugge
Hoffenheim

*=assumes they win final
**=assumes they make it through qualifiers.

Feel free to point out if I've made any errors....

I have no idea where it originated. I do know that it caught on in Glasgow and has become a humourous way to deal with adversity.

It was Oscar Wilde who said it, but he was probably quoting one of his Glaswegian friends.

Poor Oscar had troubles too. It’s a defence against adversity. A reaffirming of hope. A refusal to accept shit forever. And it’s funny. Laughing and humour is a reinforcing coping mechanism at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.