Pep (Sky Interview)

He was being quite careful not to give too much away. I still don't know if City have a pitch marked out with zones at the CFA like he did at Bayern but if they do, they never show as far as I am aware on club videos and he did not refer to it tonight, which he could have in response to one question.

I thought Neville might have brought this up when he was questioning how the fullbacks knew where to be and when. He'd obviously done some research and the "boxes" is not exactly a secret but it is I suspect key to Pep's system in terms of how the players learn to adapt to it..

It was a fantastic show and offered a great insight in to his outlook on the game. If there is such a thing as a football genius, then he is it.

For anyone who enjoyed the program, I'd thoroughly recommend the Pep Confidential book. It talks about many of the same things, but goes in to far more intricate detail.

I like the fact he won't tolerate no Billy big bollocks sulking or putting himself before the team. Good individuals obviously help but teamwork and hard work have to go with it. I remember one end of season, Sergio won the Golden boot and Hart the Golden gloves and we finished potless. It meant nothing really and even to those two players they would rather have won the title I am sure. The dippers and Salah will feel the same if Real beat them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.