Rule changes you'd like to see for 18/19 season

Best suggestions for me:
No subs in injury time unless a player is injured and the opposing player gets a red or yellow card.
Players to leave the pitch at the closest point when being subbed and "injured" players with no serious injuries taken off the pitch for treatment.
The retrospective yellow to red upgrade after a review.
Leave the time calculation to an official not on the pitch. Wouldn't want the clock to stop for the ball out of play but if there is deliberate time wasting like Southampton on Sunday it wouldn't have been unreasonable to add on 8 minutes. If time wasting continues in added on time add more minutes, ala Bournemouth early in the season but make it known via the tanoy, I'm pretty sure I saw this happen in a Dutch game early in the season. How there was only 3 minutes added on for the Southampton match we will never know, apparently cheats do prosper, punitive action is required.

Last edited:
After an incident where a player deliberately stops play, either by simulation or with a professional foul, VAR should review the incident whilst play continues. If guilty after VAR review, the player should go into a 'sin bin' for 10 minutes.
I was going to suggest something similar. I genuinely believe this "taking one for the team" bullshit is one of the biggest blights on the game as it happens multiple times in every single match and denies the paying public the chance to see some exciting football for a change.

I'm sick of seeing us having 2-3 players breaking at speed only for some shithouse to "take one for the team" on the halfway line. The foul on Sterling against Southampton on Sunday when he tried to get back to his feet was a prime example.

Everyone seems to have just accepted this as a normal part of the game, but it's a major factor in some of the terrible football that is served up in the Premier League as those breakaway chances could completely change the complexion of a game if they were allowed to progress properly.

I'm not sure a 10-min sin bin would be enough of a deterrent though, and it wouldn't be any deterrent at all in the 89th minute. Personally, I'd send the fuckers off and give them a 3-match ban, but I accept that might be a bit extreme!

I was going to suggest something similar. I genuinely believe this "taking one for the team" bullshit is one of the biggest blights on the game as it happens multiple times in every single match and denies the paying public the chance to see some exciting football for a change.

I'm sick of seeing us having 2-3 players breaking at speed only for some shithouse to "take one for the team" on the halfway line. The foul on Sterling against Southampton on Sunday when he tried to get back to his feet was a prime example.

Everyone seems to have just accepted this as a normal part of the game, but it's a major factor in some of the terrible football that is served up in the Premier League as those breakaway chances could completely change the complexion of a game if they were allowed to progress properly.

I'm not sure a 10-min sin bin would be enough of a deterrent though, and it wouldn't be any deterrent at all in the 89th minute. Personally, I'd send the fuckers off and give them a 3-match ban, but I accept that might be a bit extreme!

Especially when they've been sat behind the ball for 85 minutes, and we finally get a bit of space on the break, only to get tripped/chopped, as the commentators laugh. Happens quite often.

Sorry to go off-topic but can a keeper take a throwing, chuck it into his area, then pick it up without the ball touching anyone?

Annoying for me is when the ball is played into the box and a forward is offside,the flag doesn't go up but centre back knows forward is there(doesn't know hes offside) and has to make header .

BJL_City’s recommendations concerning VAR would do me for starters. As for the goals-bonus idea, I’d make it an extra point for each time a team scores 4 or more in a match.

And seriously ...

Solve the perennial Anthony Taylor issue simply by making the smug tosser wear his Rag shirt every time he refs.

Oh ... and force Klopp to sit on the touch line bound and gagged.

No retrospective on yellow cards needs a proper look at, my main bugbear apart from full backs being contractually bound to take throw ins is the non enforcement of the 10 yard rule on free kicks which are not in and around the penalty area, players just plonk themselves in front of the ball and Refs seem to have deemed its an ok thing to do, the amount of times I have seen chances of a free kick being taken quickly and the game moving on are too many to count all teams do it and it really grinds my gears.

Removing Gill from FA, UEFA and any other football organisation he is part of. Same for Woodward. Refs to be brought in from continent for all rag and dipper games at their respective home fixtures.

1. Removal of the inability to retrospectively ban someone if they've been booked.
2. Removal of the ex-Manager and ex-Player from the retrispective action panel. Should be 3 refs. Preferably retired ones.
3. Introduce VAR - it's essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.