Metrolink..

Was amazed on Saturday. I altered my plans when we lost and decided to shoot off home.

Fulltime whistle walked to the tram stop heading for Droylsden, one turned up straight away, 4 carriages and was home quicker than I've ever been.

I still need to catch it, regardless, but I have to change these days anyhow, so will just pick it up in Piccadilly Gardens.

Little concerned about walking that same route at night, though? I cut through across the car park at ToysRUS and then down Oldham Street.

Was never the best part of town.

100s if not 1000s walk back into town so just stay amongst the masses. Never had a problem ever with the walk

I still need to catch it, regardless, but I have to change these days anyhow, so will just pick it up in Piccadilly Gardens.

Not fit for purpose.

Little concerned about walking that same route at night, though? I cut through across the car park at ToysRUS and then down Oldham Street.

Was never the best part of town.

There's hundreds and hundreds walking back that way so it's totally fine. Dead busy.

Was amazed on Saturday. I altered my plans when we lost and decided to shoot off home.

Fulltime whistle walked to the tram stop heading for Droylsden, one turned up straight away, 4 carriages and was home quicker than I've ever been.

Lucky we were shafted then!!! Just think how long we'd have been in the stadium had we got the three points for the title!

The whole tfgm is shambolic. Unless you live on the busy student route you can't catch a bus after 23:00-23:30 and on many routes the last bus finishes earlier. Trams run later but do not feel safe at night and unless you live close to a tram stop it means a taxi or walk home for the last leg of the journey.

I rely on Metrolink to get me to and from the Stadium on match days and frankly it is bloody appalling.
  1. Too many single units
  2. Overcrowding
  3. Tram frequency should increase, but they still run a standard service.
  4. Failure to use the extra track between the Etihad and Asda to queue up empty trams.
  5. Insufficient announcements.
  6. No direct tram from Altrincham (big fan base South of the City).
Other European countries seem capable of moving large amounts of people from sporting venues but we are light years behind them.

I have complained to Metrolink, MCFC and Andy Burnham but I am not holding my breath.

God help us if the Stadium capacity is increased.

There are works in the City Centre and on the Bury line this weekend (21st and 22nd Aug 2021)

On Saturday 21 August, no trams will operate through Victoria.

Services are currently scheduled to operate as follows:
  • Bury – Abraham Moss
  • Rochdale – Monsall
  • East Didsbury – Exchange Square
  • Altrincham – Piccadilly
  • Airport – Cornbrook
  • Trafford Centre – Wharfside
  • Ashton – Eccles
A replacement bus service will operate as follows:
  • Victoria - Cornbrook
  • Deansgate-Castlefield - Wharfside
  • Central Park - Deansgate-Castlefield
  • Piccadilly - Crumpsall
Metrolink website

There are works in the City Centre and on the Bury line this weekend (21st and 22nd Aug 2021)

On Saturday 21 August, no trams will operate through Victoria.

Services are currently scheduled to operate as follows:
  • Bury – Abraham Moss
  • Rochdale – Monsall
  • East Didsbury – Exchange Square
  • Altrincham – Piccadilly
  • Airport – Cornbrook
  • Trafford Centre – Wharfside
  • Ashton – Eccles
A replacement bus service will operate as follows:
  • Victoria - Cornbrook
  • Deansgate-Castlefield - Wharfside
  • Central Park - Deansgate-Castlefield
  • Piccadilly - Crumpsall
Metrolink website
how convenient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.